Sign in with
Your question

need help Installing new motherboard?

Tags:
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
March 12, 2012 4:54:24 AM

:??:  ok guys..I need some serious help. i'm kinda new to all this so take me lightly. anyway, I have a emachines T5224, and so far i've added a new gpu and more ram. i recently just bought a processor. but found out its not compatible with my mobo. so i'm gonna get a new one. the old one is a intel d945gcl and the new one I'll get is this:

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml...

now, the pc i have came with windows vista home premium, but I upgraded all the way to windows 7 ultimate.
my concern is, is there anything I need to uninstall before swapping mobo's? do i need to reset and clean my hard drive?
and more importantly, when I swap mobo's will windows 7 still be there? or will it go back to windows vista?

More about : installing motherboard

a b V Motherboard
March 12, 2012 7:52:31 AM

The information is in your HDD so unless the data somehow becomes corrupted or you blow the HDD there's nothing to worry about. You'll still have windows 7 and everything you aready had.
Just be sure to check if your new mobo supports all the components you already have (it probably will but it's worth double checking)
m
l
a c 156 V Motherboard
March 12, 2012 8:44:13 AM

The usual advice is to reinstall Windows when you change motherboards. However, here you are going from one Intel chipset to another slightly more modern Intel chipset. You have a pretty good chance of your new motherboard working with your old OS installation.
m
l
!