The Solorian seem to have had their growth rate tweaked again. With
the "No Cloning Tanks" added to the recent Host, I believe this was
deliberate, but unannounced.

It appears that there may be a mid-range growth formula.

Old ranges were:
0-29, no growth
30-90, 2.6%-6%
91-94, 16.1%-16.7%

Either the range to get the increased growth has been increased
(possibly with the increased growth reduced by about half) or there is
now a mid range from about 75-90 or so.

Sparrow

The no TOT was introduced, because the Sols didn't benefit from them
anyway. Any player buying them just wasted his money!

Are you saying that the Sols now have 0 growth on a star heat of 0-74?!

No.

I think the growth rate between >30 and <75 is as it is now. The
growth rate for >90 *might* also still the same. It is the growth rate
between 75 and 90 that I believe has been changed. Possibly between
150% and 200% of what it was.

I'll run a few more sims to find out.

Ok.

Stars with <30 starheat have 0 growth. (same)

Stars with starheat from 30 to 70 have this formula:
dGrow = (0.20 + (starheat) / 90)) * .05 (same)

Stars with >70 starheat have this formula:
dGrow = (0.20 + (starheat) / 50)) * .05 (new)

I am not sure if stars with starheat >90 still have this formula:
dGrow = (0.20 + (starheat) / 30)) * .05
I did not get any stars hot enough to test it (The Blue Giants I set up
were changed to Red by either Master or Host).

I found an older non-scripted test game which had a starheat 92 Blue
Giant.

It was growing at about 16.3% (happiness <80), so the final formula
above is still in effect.

SH<30 = 0 growth
SH>=30 AND SH<=70 = (0.20 + (starheat) / 90)) * .05
SH>70 AND SH <=90 = (0.20 + (starheat) / 50)) * .05
SH>90 = (0.20 + (starheat) / 30)) * .05

Also, the Script portion of the Master program apparently caps stars at
type 20 (Red Giant) rather than at type 21 (Blue Giant).

gary

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Amaranthine wrote:
> I found an older non-scripted test game which had a starheat 92 Blue
> Giant.
>
> It was growing at about 16.3% (happiness <80), so the final formula
> above is still in effect.
>
> SH<30 = 0 growth
> SH>=30 AND SH<=70 = (0.20 + (starheat) / 90)) * .05
> SH>70 AND SH <=90 = (0.20 + (starheat) / 50)) * .05
> SH>90 = (0.20 + (starheat) / 30)) * .05
>
> Also, the Script portion of the Master program apparently caps stars at
> type 20 (Red Giant) rather than at type 21 (Blue Giant).

Have you investigated Sols and colonists that you get from PSPs. In a
recent test (where I was testing something else) I noticed that Sols
seemed to get many less cols then the UEA and since both had 100 PSP
things should have averaged out fairly well. Unless of course the number
of cols you get is randomised and then just multiplied by the number of
PSP's rather than randomised for each PSP individually.