Sign in with
Your question

Problem with graphics card

Last response: in Systems
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
April 5, 2011 10:36:48 AM

Hello, I recently purchased a GTX560ti instaled it and everything went fine until I connected the pci-e 6 pin adapter there was only 1 on my psu but two on the card itself so I figured this was all I needed and continued ahead now when I booted the card up there was just 6 loud beeps :/  do I need a new psu? This is my first build by the way and when I take the graphics card out and put my old graphics card in it works fine, any ideas what im doing wrong?

More about : problem graphics card

April 5, 2011 11:40:10 AM

What PSU do you have, total power, total amps on the 12 V? Depending on how long you've had it, too, it may be a good idea to get another one, but if the card needs two PCI-e connectors then you need to supply it with that many. From what I understand it does need both, but others might chime in and say otherwise.
April 5, 2011 2:36:19 PM

Definitely need both PCI-e power connectors. The card should have come with an adapter to convert a 4-pin molex to 6-pin PCI-e though I'd recommend going with a PSU with at least two PCI-e power plugs....
Related resources
April 5, 2011 2:36:59 PM

Definitely need both PCI-e power connectors. The card should have come with an adapter to convert a 4-pin molex to 6-pin PCI-e though I'd recommend going with a PSU with at least two PCI-e power plugs....
April 5, 2011 3:38:31 PM

The load beeps are the card telling you it does not have sufficient power.

Yes you need both plugged in.

Do look for the molex adaptor and try that, but knowing your PSU would everyone to recommend your best course of action.
!