Sign in with
Your question

Asus P8Z68-V Pro/Gen3 BIOS issues

Last response: in Motherboards
March 12, 2012 9:17:30 AM

Hi all,

I updated my BIOS to version 3202 over the weekend and now I'm having issues booting. I used the EZFlash utility in the BIOS which seemed to work fine (said Success).

It then rebooted and another progress meter appeared which again got to 100% and seemed fine.

Rebooted again and after the bios splash screen gives me the American Megatrends post screen which gives me the following message:

Please enter setup to recover BIOS settings
Press F1 to run setup.

Unfortunately pressing F1 does nothing. I've tried getting into the BIOS but it doesn't let me. Pressing F8 to get a boot device menu doesn't work either

So far I've tried:

- Unplugging graphics card + HDDs
- CMOS jumper
- Removing CMOS battery
- Booting with USB stick plugged in with BIOS rom on it

Does anyone have any ideas?

P.s Keyboard is definitely working (was using it before flashing)
March 16, 2012 8:17:16 PM

hello chrisem i solved this issue yesterday. If then not too late yet, send me message, and i try help you. =)
March 26, 2012 7:02:41 PM

skrotov said:
hello chrisem i solved this issue yesterday. If then not too late yet, send me message, and i try help you. =)

hi
could you please help me and tell me how u solved the issue. I can't boot up my bios.
my email address is usmaanPlease do not post your @mail (that way u are helping to spread the spam), u will be automatically notified in your email when someone post a fresh line in your thread. Thanx : )

thanks in advance
Related resources
a c 207 Ĉ ASUS
a c 716 V Motherboard
March 26, 2012 7:12:19 PM

@usmaan - please start a new Thread, someone will help you. Your email address will be removed to avid you having problems.
April 11, 2012 10:45:52 PM

skrotov said:

Hello Skrotov, I have the same exact problem is Chrisem, can you help me? my email address: rubencito123@gmail.com
April 12, 2012 1:13:29 AM

Did you happen to try clearing CMOS?
December 9, 2012 1:12:13 AM

Just had this same issue after updating the bios.

If you have an F Lock button keyboard - which requires to have Fn trigger on for F1-F12 keys to work, you need to trigger it on and then press F1. Otherwise it doesn't read F1.
!