Tags:
  • Power Supplies
  • Cases
  • Fan
  • Components
Last response: in Components
July 8, 2011 12:26:29 AM

Hi all,

I have a Haf 922. If you aren't familiar with the case it has a 200mm front fan pulling in. A 200 mm top fan exhausting out, and a 120 mm fan in the back exhausting. My temperatures were fine but after reading a few posts on a different forum I decided to buy a third 200mm fan (identical to the other 2) and plus it on my side panel pushing inward (I do not have a bottom fan).

After doing this my cpu / gpu temps increased 4-5 c. I tried reversing the side fan to pull out for the sake of experiment and the temperatures went up another degree. I removed the side fan and temps returned to normal.

Every other post with this exact setup people report dropping 3-4c. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this, or how I can fix the issue?

Thanks!

More about : haf 922 side fan issue

a c 97 ) Power supply
July 8, 2011 12:52:01 AM

I have the HAF 932, and am familiar with the HAF 922.

By any chance could this HAF 922 case be sitting in an enclosed space preventing a good Intake and Exhaust?

Is it possible that the newly installed side fan is pulling air from the exhaust and re-circulating it inside the case? I also suspect an imbalance between the Intake and the Exhaust. I like to see them within 15% (CFMs).
m
l
July 8, 2011 12:55:20 AM

Ubrales said:
I have the HAF 932, and am familiar with the HAF 922.

By any chance could this HAF 922 case be sitting in an enclosed space preventing a good Intake and Exhaust?

Is it possible that the newly installed side fan is pulling air from the exhaust and re-circulating it inside the case? I also suspect an imbalance between the Intake and the Exhaust. I like to see them within 15% (CFMs).

It is actually sitting on a hard wood floor with probably 3-4 feet in any direction of space if not more. I'm not sure how the exact cfm works out but I find it strange that the other people with this exact setup found an improvement, so something has to be wrong.
m
l
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
July 8, 2011 1:46:42 AM

Which cpu cooler are you running? Which configuration is the fan(s) blowing?
How is the PSU mounted? is it blowing air into the case?
m
l
July 8, 2011 1:55:35 AM

popatim said:
Which cpu cooler are you running? Which configuration is the fan(s) blowing?
How is the PSU mounted? is it blowing air into the case?

Pretty horrible post. I already described which way the fans were blowing in my original post. On top of that the cpu fan has no bearing since its an apples to apples comparison.
m
l
a c 97 ) Power supply
July 8, 2011 2:49:11 AM

zen555 said:
It is actually sitting on a hard wood floor with probably 3-4 feet in any direction of space if not more. I'm not sure how the exact cfm works out but I find it strange that the other people with this exact setup found an improvement, so something has to be wrong.

Try balancing the Input and the Exhaust. Within 15% is ok.

To achieve this, leave the exhaust fans as-is. Adjust the intake fans such that the total intake is within 15% of the exhaust; plus or minus. Or, just adjust the intakes until the lowest temps are displayed.
m
l
!