Haf 922 side fan issue =|

Hi all,

I have a Haf 922. If you aren't familiar with the case it has a 200mm front fan pulling in. A 200 mm top fan exhausting out, and a 120 mm fan in the back exhausting. My temperatures were fine but after reading a few posts on a different forum I decided to buy a third 200mm fan (identical to the other 2) and plus it on my side panel pushing inward (I do not have a bottom fan).

After doing this my cpu / gpu temps increased 4-5 c. I tried reversing the side fan to pull out for the sake of experiment and the temperatures went up another degree. I removed the side fan and temps returned to normal.

Every other post with this exact setup people report dropping 3-4c. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this, or how I can fix the issue?

Thanks!
5 answers Last reply
More about side issue
  1. I have the HAF 932, and am familiar with the HAF 922.

By any chance could this HAF 922 case be sitting in an enclosed space preventing a good Intake and Exhaust?

Is it possible that the newly installed side fan is pulling air from the exhaust and re-circulating it inside the case? I also suspect an imbalance between the Intake and the Exhaust. I like to see them within 15% (CFMs).
  2. Ubrales said:
    I have the HAF 932, and am familiar with the HAF 922.

By any chance could this HAF 922 case be sitting in an enclosed space preventing a good Intake and Exhaust?

Is it possible that the newly installed side fan is pulling air from the exhaust and re-circulating it inside the case? I also suspect an imbalance between the Intake and the Exhaust. I like to see them within 15% (CFMs).

It is actually sitting on a hard wood floor with probably 3-4 feet in any direction of space if not more. I'm not sure how the exact cfm works out but I find it strange that the other people with this exact setup found an improvement, so something has to be wrong.
  3. Which cpu cooler are you running? Which configuration is the fan(s) blowing?
    How is the PSU mounted? is it blowing air into the case?
  4. popatim said:
    Which cpu cooler are you running? Which configuration is the fan(s) blowing?
    How is the PSU mounted? is it blowing air into the case?

Pretty horrible post. I already described which way the fans were blowing in my original post. On top of that the cpu fan has no bearing since its an apples to apples comparison.
  5. zen555 said:
    It is actually sitting on a hard wood floor with probably 3-4 feet in any direction of space if not more. I'm not sure how the exact cfm works out but I find it strange that the other people with this exact setup found an improvement, so something has to be wrong.

Try balancing the Input and the Exhaust. Within 15% is ok.

To achieve this, leave the exhaust fans as-is. Adjust the intake fans such that the total intake is within 15% of the exhaust; plus or minus. Or, just adjust the intakes until the lowest temps are displayed.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Cases Fan Components