Sign in with
Your question

Need help installing P8Z68-v-lx to Antec Truepower.

Last response: in Motherboards
March 12, 2012 2:22:42 PM

I hooked up everything but I'm confused with the ATX connector.
On the board is an 8 pin port but the yellow/black 12v cable coming from the PSU is only 4 pin.
The 4 pin connector fits into the 8 pin port, but is that correct?
I also have an adaptor with 2 x 4pin power connectors at one end and a 6 pin ATX connector at the other end. This is what I used to connect my old M2N32. It ALSO fits into the 8 pin port on the Z68.
Which should I be using?
Apologies, it's been 10 years since I built a PC.
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 435 V Motherboard
March 12, 2012 5:45:36 PM

the 8 pin may be a power connector; if it fits in the 8 pin 12v connector, then you're probably fine. But check the specs of your power supply first or list it here so we can look it up.
March 12, 2012 7:18:09 PM

o1die said:
the 8 pin may be a power connector; if it fits in the 8 pin 12v connector, then you're probably fine. But check the specs of your power supply first or list it here so we can look it up.

Sorry, it's a Antec truepower 480w. I figured out the 4 pin plug was atx and the 6 pin is for the GPU.
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 435 V Motherboard
March 12, 2012 8:09:29 PM

You are correct. Try it in the 4 pins that fit; line up the clip side of the connector to the clip on the motherboard; the connector only fits one way in the front or back of the 8 pin 12v port. Your board manual should also have instructions.
!