New Build for Sound Editing, Beat Making

billin30

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2008
I am going to be making a new build for my buddy. He is into making beats for rap and hip hop artists as well as sound editing and the like. He wants something that can edit and decode/encode music quickly. Most of his peripherals I believe are USB, but he would still like a good video card for the audio processing.

Approximate Purchase Date: Next couple weeks

Budget Range: 500-600 USD

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Sound editing, beat making are most important. Other than that, basic computer usage.

Parts Not Required: keyboard, mouse, speakers, case, video card, printer

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg, Amazon

Country of Origin: USA

Parts Preferences: Thinking he is going to get his bang for buck out of an AMD quad core. I have really like gigabyte boards, but its not a deal breaker.

Overclocking: Maybe, depends if it is going to help him.

SLI or Crossfire: no

Monitor Resolution: Probably something like 1280x1024 or slightly above, but the video is not really what this is for.

Additional Comments: Need a solid sound card able to hand some high end work. He is trying to make this his side job, not just a hobby, so he is getting serious about creating music. He does not want to skimp on the sound card. I believe he has plenty of external storage as well, so one large main drive should suffice for storage. Also needs Windows 7, most likely 64-bit Home

Martin9630

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2011
Hi there, my build I did for you is below, prices off Newegg.

Phenom II X4 840 3.2Ghz $110
ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3 $120
Corsair Vengeance 4Gb $50
Sapphire HD 5670 $70
Any decent LG burner $20
Samsung F3 1Tb $65
Diablotek PSDA500W $25
Generic Case $40
X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional $105
Windows 7 64bit OEM $100

TOTAL= $605

Hope you like it.

billin30

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2008
I am going to give my buddy a case and a spare video card, so those two things are not needed as stated above.

Not too keen on a $25 PSU. I will choose something better I think

Isnt that X-Fi Fatality card more of a gamer card? I was thinking more along the lines of the ASUS cards, they seem more for professional applications.

Thanks