Solorian baseshield

Hi.

How do you remove a solorian baseshield (after they reach 10 000 000)?

Can you use a superweapon or a device such as Rebel Ground Assault to get
rid of it?

Or is ground assault the only way to destroy the base??

Thanks
8 answers Last reply
More about solorian baseshield

    The Solorian Base Shield (except for the original one on the Homeworld)
    only exists during combat. I believe it is recreated at the beginning
    of each combat and removed at the end, but that it is otherwise treated
    as normal.

    A superweapon firing on it during combat should remove it for the
    duration of that combat.

    Quite possibly

    In what ways can you destroy another race's base with a Base Shield?

    Don't forget your fighters... fighters can take out a base shield..
    General Kael

    So if I am Rebel, the only way to destroy a base which has over 10 000 000
    cols would be to ground assault if I have no superweapon?

    "Amaranthine" <amaranthine1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > The Solorian Base Shield (except for the original one on the Homeworld)
    > only exists during combat. I believe it is recreated at the beginning
    > of each combat and removed at the end, but that it is otherwise treated
    > as normal.
    >
    > A superweapon firing on it during combat should remove it for the
    > duration of that combat.

    There is nothing in the fighter code that makes a Solorian Base Shield
    any different from any one elses.

    If a Base has a Shield then a variable has a value of 1. If not, then
    the value is 0.

    Each fighter beam hit has 0.1% chance (0.5% for UEA) of setting that
    value to 0.
    Each fighter missile hit has a 1% chance (3% for UEA) of setting that
    value to 0.

    You can destroy the base shild with fighter. There´s a little chance per
    fighter hit that the shild is destoyed.

    And if you have access to a world crusher missile you can destroy the base
    from distance. They cannot build a base shild to protect themself and it is
    only there during cambat.

    Greetings
    Sebastian

    General Kael wrote:
    > Don't forget your fighters... fighters can take out a base shield..
    > General Kael

    Actually I believe that fighters destroy the Base Shield building, since
    the Sols don't use the building to generate the shield I doubt that
    fighters can do anything about their Shield, or at least they shouldn't
    be able to.

    Amaranthine wrote:
    > There is nothing in the fighter code that makes a Solorian Base Shield
    > any different from any one elses.
    >
    > If a Base has a Shield then a variable has a value of 1. If not, then
    > the value is 0.
    >
    > Each fighter beam hit has 0.1% chance (0.5% for UEA) of setting that
    > value to 0.
    > Each fighter missile hit has a 1% chance (3% for UEA) of setting that
    > value to 0.

    That's interesting to know.

Games Devices Video Games