  • Video Games
Last response: in PC Gaming
Anonymous
September 9, 2005 4:43:29 PM

Hi.

How do you remove a solorian baseshield (after they reach 10 000 000)?

Can you use a superweapon or a device such as Rebel Ground Assault to get
rid of it?

Or is ground assault the only way to destroy the base??

Thanks

More about : solorian baseshield

Anonymous
September 9, 2005 4:43:30 PM

The Solorian Base Shield (except for the original one on the Homeworld)
only exists during combat. I believe it is recreated at the beginning
of each combat and removed at the end, but that it is otherwise treated
as normal.

A superweapon firing on it during combat should remove it for the
duration of that combat.
Anonymous
September 9, 2005 4:43:30 PM

Quite possibly

In what ways can you destroy another race's base with a Base Shield?
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
September 9, 2005 4:43:30 PM

Don't forget your fighters... fighters can take out a base shield..
General Kael
September 9, 2005 5:29:43 PM

So if I am Rebel, the only way to destroy a base which has over 10 000 000
cols would be to ground assault if I have no superweapon?

"Amaranthine" <amaranthine1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> The Solorian Base Shield (except for the original one on the Homeworld)
> only exists during combat. I believe it is recreated at the beginning
> of each combat and removed at the end, but that it is otherwise treated
> as normal.
>
> A superweapon firing on it during combat should remove it for the
> duration of that combat.

Anonymous
September 9, 2005 6:22:46 PM

There is nothing in the fighter code that makes a Solorian Base Shield
any different from any one elses.

If a Base has a Shield then a variable has a value of 1. If not, then
the value is 0.

Each fighter beam hit has 0.1% chance (0.5% for UEA) of setting that
value to 0.
Each fighter missile hit has a 1% chance (3% for UEA) of setting that
value to 0.
Anonymous
September 10, 2005 12:04:21 AM

You can destroy the base shild with fighter. There´s a little chance per
fighter hit that the shild is destoyed.

And if you have access to a world crusher missile you can destroy the base
from distance. They cannot build a base shild to protect themself and it is
only there during cambat.

Greetings
Sebastian
September 10, 2005 1:50:50 AM

General Kael wrote:
> Don't forget your fighters... fighters can take out a base shield..
> General Kael

Actually I believe that fighters destroy the Base Shield building, since
the Sols don't use the building to generate the shield I doubt that
fighters can do anything about their Shield, or at least they shouldn't
be able to.
September 10, 2005 11:12:26 PM

Amaranthine wrote:
> There is nothing in the fighter code that makes a Solorian Base Shield
> any different from any one elses.
>
> If a Base has a Shield then a variable has a value of 1. If not, then
> the value is 0.
>
> Each fighter beam hit has 0.1% chance (0.5% for UEA) of setting that
> value to 0.
> Each fighter missile hit has a 1% chance (3% for UEA) of setting that
> value to 0.

That's interesting to know.