What settings can i expect to play at?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deathbydoubleG

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2010
i have 2 radeon HD 6970s in CF, which i will later be upgrading to 3 in tri-fire... i want to play with all 3 1080p monitors w/ pixel compensation, making it like 6048 x 1080 i think. i would like 40+ FPS

first, i will most defiantly put textures, shadows, and lighting on high. will i be able to set high AA and AF or just like 2x on each. how much do AA and AF affect gaming relative to each other.. i will be playing crysis 2, l4d2, Just Cause 2, BFBC2, CoD BO, GTA4, and Gmod.

what settings can i expect

PS. i am not to lazy to check my Resolution, i am not at my PC; i am on an ipad :kaola:

Solution
GTA IV is very CPU dependent so that will be a much bigger restriction than the GPU for that game. L4D2 should be able to be maxed, the others should be medium high, crysis 2 isnt out yet so its impossible to predict.

As for how AA/AF affects gaming, it mostly affects the performance, AF has a small hit but AA involves resampling the pixels many times and is very memory intensive especially at large resolutions so you will take a pretty big hit with it on 3 monitors.

jryan388

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2009
I would bet that you could max all of those. Except maybe gta4 as I have heard it is coded pretty badly and can be very cpu-dependant, but I'm not expert. The ones to worry most about are probably crysis 2 and jc2, but as crysis 2 will *supposedly* be less power-hungry than crysis 1, I wouldn't worry too much, and jc2, even with dx11, isn't really all that taxing, as a single 6970 can max it at 2560. You could probably even play with 4x aa, but eventually you will start running out of memory, even with 2gb cards, as the res is so huge.

GTA IV is very CPU dependent so that will be a much bigger restriction than the GPU for that game. L4D2 should be able to be maxed, the others should be medium high, crysis 2 isnt out yet so its impossible to predict.

As for how AA/AF affects gaming, it mostly affects the performance, AF has a small hit but AA involves resampling the pixels many times and is very memory intensive especially at large resolutions so you will take a pretty big hit with it on 3 monitors.

Solution

deathbydoubleG

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2010
lol.. wish 3 cards = 6GB VRAM, not 2GB. i have a 2600k OCed to 4.5GHz (i really hope this is fast enough)

maybe i could finally make my huge explosion on GMOD with the CPU

AF could probably be set to really high.. AA 2x to no AA depending on the game, edges shouldn't look to bad with each monitor at 1080P

deathbydoubleG

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2010
why can i not chose a best answer right now? and you being a community reporter, i am not saying i say anything bad, but it feels like you are holding my account in your hands, which almost always brings nervousness.

I actually have no power, the reason you cannot pick the best answer is because its a discussion thread, see the thumbs up and down on the side?

If you edit the first post you should be able to set it to question, you can only pick the best answer in question threads.

You dont have to worry about the mods holding your account in their hands, they are nice and wont bite.

deathbydoubleG

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2010

thanks, i didn't notice that i had it as a discussion. it is kind of a discussion/question, but i will change it to a question because it is more like a question.

Status
Not open for further replies.