Need help customizing this for live broadcasting.

ialastra

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2011
I'm thinking of getting a customized Gamer Infinite 8800 Pro for live broadcasting PS3 games over the internet in as best HD quality as I can afford (720p minimum). The thing is that I don't know what I need and what I don't need since I don't care about playing PC games on their highest settings with SLI/3D/etc. I might not even need to overclock for console streaming, although I think the option to do so might be useful if it can squeeze out just enough power for a clean, quality broadcast.

------------------------------------
Case: * Raidmax Blackstorm Mid-Tower Gaming Case w/ 180MM Side-Panel Fan and One-Click Side Panel (White Color)
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-2600K 3.40 GHz 8M Intel Smart Cache LGA1155 (All Venom OC Certified)
Cooling Fan: XtremeGear Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan (Enhanced Cooling Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA) (Single Standard 120MM Fan)
Motherboard: * [CrossFireX] GigaByte GA-P67A-UD3-B3 Intel P67 Chipset DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, USB3.0, 2x SATA-III RAID, 2 Gen2 PCIe, 3 PCIe X1 & 2 PCI [B3 Stepping]
Memory: 8GB (2GBx4) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory Module (Corsair or Major Brand)
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti 1GB 16X PCIe Video Card (Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA)
Power Supply Upgrade: 700 Watts - XtremeGear SLI/CrossFireX Ready Power Supply
Hard Drive: 2TB (2TBx1) SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Hard Drive)
Optical Drive: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive (BLACK COLOR)
Sound: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

^ Costs $1245
---------------------------------------------------------------
Considerations:

1) Am I even looking in the right place by checking out Gaming builds, or are there better default builds specifically for live broadcasting?

2) My budget is about $1500 so there's a lot of room to play with this and I'll probably go with another system build if the defaults more closely match what I need. If I can get something a little better for a little more I'll go higher.

3) I'll need to use a PCI-e slot to install a Blackmagic Intensity Pro capture card (do PCI-e cards run better when they're installed with 16 slots over 1 and if so how can I tell how many slots the PCI-e cards have?).

4) After doing some research on here I'm thinking of upgrading the power supply to a more powerful Corsair brand, but what would be sufficient for live broadcasting in HD and just how much wattage would be safely efficient?

Thank you ahead of time for any information that can help me. I haven't bought a new computer in over 6 years so I'm still trying to teach myself everything that's changed over the years. :)

Solution
First just for your information
The power supply is terrible and I would not use it for a doorstop.
Any thing branded xtreme gear you do not want near your system.
Anything branded with the cyber power brand is bad also. Not the company as a whole just the branded parts.
The power supply is the heart of the system do not skimp in it or your just going to get bit in the butt.
Also if you really want the single enclosed water cooling system get the 570lx they offer, If not go for the air cooling FRIO they have. its just as good as the water units they offer.
Your question on pci-e slot It depends on what the card will utilize if it ustilizes 1x thats fine if it will utilize 4x put it in that one. A 1 x will fit in a 4 x slot though and...

galeener

Distinguished
First just for your information
The power supply is terrible and I would not use it for a doorstop.
Any thing branded xtreme gear you do not want near your system.
Anything branded with the cyber power brand is bad also. Not the company as a whole just the branded parts.
The power supply is the heart of the system do not skimp in it or your just going to get bit in the butt.
Also if you really want the single enclosed water cooling system get the 570lx they offer, If not go for the air cooling FRIO they have. its just as good as the water units they offer.
Your question on pci-e slot It depends on what the card will utilize if it ustilizes 1x thats fine if it will utilize 4x put it in that one. A 1 x will fit in a 4 x slot though and work fine. Usually it depends where you can get them to fit without being in the way of the video card and reducing its air intake to cool it.

You are using 1 video card and the rest doesn't look like it will take a lot of power
So what i would suggest trying to include how much power your capture card uses
(counting it as if its another video card.)
I would think a corsair or cooler master 750w would be plenty of power and give you a little head room.
The gtx 560 is a pretty efficient card but if you change anything around to use higher end parts like a second gtx 560 or any of the more powerful cards your power requirements may go up a bit.

Solution

ialastra

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2011
Thank you galeener! I had gathered as much about the power supply from what I've read around this forum. So, I took your advice and changed out the bad brands for the better ones you suggested, improved the power supply, and replaced the graphics card in there since it seemed like the best change I could make to improve everything and stay around my budget (changes are bolded):

* *BASE_PRICE: [+1245]
* BLUETOOTH: None
* CAS: * Raidmax Blackstorm Mid-Tower Gaming Case w/ 180MM Side-Panel Fan and One-Click Side Panel (White Color)
* CASUPGRADE: None
* CD: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive (BLACK COLOR)
* CD2: None
* CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-2600K 3.40 GHz 8M Intel Smart Cache LGA1155 (All Venom OC Certified)
* CS_FAN: Default case fans
* FA_HDD: None
* FAN: * Thermaltake FRIO Overclocking Cooler Fan (CLP0564) [+20]
* FLASHMEDIA: INTERNAL 12in1 Flash Media Reader/Writer (BLACK COLOR)
* GLASSES: None
* HDD: 2TB (2TBx1) SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Hard Drive)
* HDD2: None
* IEEE_CARD: None
* KEYBOARD: Xtreme Gear (Black Color) Multimedia/Internet USB Keyboard
* MB_ADDON: None
* MEMORY: 8GB (2GBx4) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory Module (Corsair or Major Brand)
* MONITOR: None
* MONITOR2: None
* MONITOR3: None
* MOTHERBOARD: * [CrossFireX] GigaByte GA-P67A-UD3-B3 Intel P67 Chipset DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, USB3.0, 2x SATA-III RAID, 2 Gen2 PCIe, 3 PCIe X1 & 2 PCI [B3 Stepping]
* MOUSE: XtremeGear Optical USB 3 Buttons Gaming Mouse
* MULTIVIEW: Non-SLI/Non-CrossFireX Mode Supports Multiple Monitors
* NCSW: None
* NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
* OS: Microsoft® Windows® 7 Home Premium (64-bit Edition)
* OVERCLOCK: No Overclocking
* POWERSUPPLY: 750 Watts - Corsair Professional Series CMPSU-AX750 Gold 80 Plus Power Supply [+129]
* RUSH: NO; READY TO SHIP IN 5~10 BUSINESS DAYS
* SERVICE: STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT
* SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
* SPEAKERS: None
* TEMP: None
* TVRC: None
* USB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
* USBFLASH: None
* USBHD: None
* USBX: None
* VC_PHYSX: None
* VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 1.2GB 16X PCIe Video Card [+109] (Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA)
* VIDEO2: None
* VIDEO3: None
* WNC: None
* _PRICE: (+1503)
* _view_: {64760967-4C17-4EAD-974D-60283E6D447A}

I have a few new questions:

1) This isn't a deal breaker for me but... Is this going to be extremely noisy while I'm capturing and broadcasting video? If so, what would be the best bang for my buck to lower the noise?

2) I noticed that it only costs $53 to change my memory speed from 1600 Mhz to 1800 Mhz. Assuming I can only afford to make one change, is this a noticeable and worthwhile upgrade or should I stick with the better graphics card I stuck in there?

3) I put a 750 watt professional Corsair PSU in there, but I replaced the graphics card too so is it still alright like this or should I pay a little more for the 850 watt PSU? I'm a little scared that the capture card I put in there will be a monster on PC resources.

4) On the graphics cards I see numerical values measured in GB. What does this measure? The graphics card I have in there is 1.2 GB, but I've also seen cheaper graphics cards with 2 GB. Is this something I should pay attention to?

Again, thanks for all the help!

galeener

Distinguished
1.If you have all the fans cranked up it could be a lil noisy.. If you don't have them at full speed should be ok.
2. If you were just benchracing (chasing bench marks) sure but for real aps you will not see much doff and they draw more power and may need to step up voltage for them.
I would stay with some good 1600, Kingston or corsair even adata is not bad.

3. I don't see an external power connector so it should be running off of the pci-e buss. So its not very high power.
I think you will be fine with the 750 corsair. But if you feel more confortable go with the AX 850 corsair.
The 1.2g is the amount of ddr5 memory on the card.
There are cards that have 4g, 2g,1g,1.2,1.5
Nvidia makes the 570 with only 1 set amount of memory (at least for now) 1280mb
of ddr 5. You really usually want a card with at least 1g of ddr5.
Some lower spec cards will have more memory that the 570 also some will have 1gig. Then again some higher end cards have 1.5g or 3g or 4g
You have to look at the gpu power and the memeory to really figure it out and also know what compares acrossed the line between AMD and Nvidia

galeener

Distinguished
Hope it works out well for you.
Also remember when it comes open it up and make sure everything is seated corectly and all the cables are hooked up. If not take pictures of how it arrived then reseat what you need and give it ago. If you do have issues contact cyberpower as soon as possible . Shipping plays hell on these systems so make sure you look close at what you get.