Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Psu choice help

Last response: in Components
July 8, 2011 4:06:37 AM

Hello,

i was looking to upgrade to a 560gtx and i need a pus to go along with it. i am in the 100-150 usd price range and cant figure out which one to get. my main prob is that i want to find one that would last more than a year cuz i c alot of ppl on forums complaining about how their's died after just a couple of months

More about : psu choice

Best solution

a b ) Power supply
July 8, 2011 4:17:34 AM

Any quality psu would last you many years. Brands such as Corsair, Antec, XFX are amongst the best while Seasonic has godlike status (okay... exagerating but damn close).

Since you have that much to spend (most people will point you to 750-850watter units)....

I'll just leave this here for you to ponder....
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
a c 1178 ) Power supply
July 8, 2011 5:07:21 AM

Akira00 said:
Hello,

i was looking to upgrade to a 560gtx and i need a pus to go along with it. i am in the 100-150 usd price range and cant figure out which one to get. my main prob is that i want to find one that would last more than a year cuz i c alot of ppl on forums complaining about how their's died after just a couple of months

Do you ever plan on running two GeForce GTX 560 (non-Ti) in a 2-way SLI configuration?

For a system with a single GeForce GTX 560 graphics card a power supply with 450 Watts or greater with a +12 Volt continuous current rating of 24 Amps or greater and with at least two 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors is recommended.

For a system with two GeForce GTX 560 graphics cards in 2-way SLI mode a power supply with 600 Watts or greater with a +12 Volt continuous current rating of 37 Amps or greater and with at least four 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors is recommended.

Corsair's Professional Series HX or Professional Series Gold AX with their seven year warranty would be my recommendation.
Score
Related resources
a c 122 ) Power supply
July 8, 2011 5:04:36 PM

+1 @lilotimz. The Seasonic "X" series are among the best PSUs you can get.
Score
August 1, 2011 2:38:45 AM

Best answer selected by Akira00.
Score
a b ) Power supply
August 1, 2011 5:23:13 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!