GPU upgrade for HP Pavilion a6130n

Status
Not open for further replies.

docmartin83

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2011
Hey everybody. I just bought an HP Pavilion a6130n from a buddy of mine. I know it's not a good rig for any sort of serious gaming, but I was hoping I could get it to the level where I could play games like Dragon Age Origins or Mass Effect 2 on decent (but obviously not great) settings. Here are the specs, however, I've upgraded to Win7 64bit and installed 6GBs RAM already.

So in short, what I really want to know is, what GPU would you recommend in the neighborhood of $100-200? Also, I'm sure I'll need a new PSU... any recommendations there? Thanks for the help!

slvryaris

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2011
I have the computer put into an Antec 900 case. With that one I upgraded the power supply which you will need to do if you do a bigger card. I put a 450 watt MSI Turbostream in mine and an 8800gt OC from BFG. I was running 4 gb of DDR2 and an AMD Athlon x2 5200+ also. Its been a while and I am unsure about todays numbering system and the cards require a lot less power then the 8800gt. I am upgrading my GFX card as well and trying to find a suitable one near or better then the 8800gt that a 500 watt supply can run.

You should start your own thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.