Tornonthecob

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2011
Hello,

This is my second post here, and I appreciate the previous help that you forum members have given me.

My current system specs are:

Phenom II x3 720 BE OC to 3.2ghz at stock voltage.

ddr2 4gigs 800

and my newest component, GTX 570 upgraded from a GTX 260 core 192.

Resolution 1920 x 1080

Is my Phenom II x3 720be a bottleneck for my GTX 570? and if so how much. I bought the GTX 570 from EVGA because my last two cards were EVGA and they have been great in terms of warranty and customer service. My initial Idea was to buy an HD6950 as an upgrade from my GTX 260, but my loyalty to EVGA ultimately won out in my decision. I also figured that buying the GTX 570 would be fairly future proof if I decide to upgrade my cpu and mobo sometime in the next year to 2 years.

What are your opinions?

Thanks in advance.

*I edited my original post. My overclock is at 3.2ghz at stock voltage not 3.4. I had it overclocked to 3.4ghz with a slight boost in the voltage, but it wasn't stable and I haven't reattempted to oc it any more than the 3.2.

You CPU might be bottlenecking your GPU a little bit. With 1.5V I got my Athlon II X3 440 to 3.5Ghz. I think if you are worried, you could OC your CPU just a tad. Maybe you could unlock it into a quad core too. there is really no point in looking to deep into CPUs right now if your planning to upgrade in two years. That also stands for motherboards. Intel SB had problems, AMD BD is just around the corner too. If I were you, I would OC my CPU more.