Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

What happens to Troops, Crew, and Colonists if you GBA. Do they reappear
somewhere else? I forget. :)

Thanks in advance,
Eric

I don't think you can GBA with a population in the base, can you?

Yes you can, And it should be changed to not work if you have more than
100 colonist.
I was wining a ground attack fight on and enemy HW, when I had killed
all the enemy troop, he simply did GBA, so instead of capturing 10 000
000 of colonist, they just vanished.

I think it should work for small outpost, with less than 101 colonist.
That you wish to trade, but not for major base.

At least the TNT require no colonist, and a ship in orbit, why is it so
easy to kill your own population with GBA ?
And make sure that when you lose a ground combat the your ppl do not
work in enemy camps.

Lord Lancelot

The offender is down to 0 ships and 3 bases, will be zero soon...

He had many base when he did GBA at his HW, his ppl did not appear on
any of his base, and it has been over 10 turn since he did GBA.

Lord Lancelot

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I agree with that. GBA should not be usable in the manner you mention. I
always cringe when players use game mechanics in a manner that is not it's
intended purpose to do something it certainly wasn't intended to do, I hope
you kick the offender's behind good. I still wonder though, do the colonists
just vanish or do they appear elsewhere ala highguard and released
prisoners? Mayhap I shall find time to sim it if no one here has the
answer...

"Lord Lancelot" <polandor@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Yes you can, And it should be changed to not work if you have more than
> 100 colonist.
> I was wining a ground attack fight on and enemy HW, when I had killed
> all the enemy troop, he simply did GBA, so instead of capturing 10 000
> 000 of colonist, they just vanished.

> I think it should work for small outpost, with less than 101 colonist.
> That you wish to trade, but not for major base.
>
> At least the TNT require no colonist, and a ship in orbit, why is it so
> easy to kill your own population with GBA ?
> And make sure that when you lose a ground combat the your ppl do not
> work in enemy camps.
>
> Lord Lancelot

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Good job, and thanks for the info!

> The offender is down to 0 ships and 3 bases, will be zero soon...
>
> He had many base when he did GBA at his HW, his ppl did not appear on
> any of his base, and it has been over 10 turn since he did GBA.
>
> Lord Lancelot

Just another tiny bit of info: If both players are playing the same
race, the assault craft and fighters are added, cols etc. enter the
great void beyond space and time.

Jochen