Toshiba Satellite A60 - internal WiFi

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
April 23, 2005 8:25:57 PM

I am looking to get WiFi in my house and I currently have a Toshiba
Satellite Pro A60 which currently has no WiFi built in. It does
however have a removable cover on the back where I could plug in a
WiFi module of some sort.

Can anyone tell me where I can get one of these "Modules" and whether
I should bother or just go with a PCMCIA card type. What protocols
are available on the internal cards (Pre-N ??)

I would prefer to have it built in but Any advice would be appeciated.

Ben
April 23, 2005 9:26:49 PM

I have a couple great sites for everyone to check out.... please visit
these sites and take a look... Sorry for the spam but I am just
trying to promote.... These are great sites. One is for communities
and the other is for heavy equipment... They both are very
informative..

http://www.ureside.com

http://www.mytractorforum.com
April 24, 2005 4:55:13 AM

Big Ben <benjamin_moffat@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
: I am looking to get WiFi in my house and I currently have a Toshiba
: Satellite Pro A60 which currently has no WiFi built in. It does
: however have a removable cover on the back where I could plug in a
: WiFi module of some sort.

: Can anyone tell me where I can get one of these "Modules" and whether
: I should bother or just go with a PCMCIA card type. What protocols
: are available on the internal cards (Pre-N ??)

: I would prefer to have it built in but Any advice would be appeciated.

You're looking for a mini-PCI wireless card. It plugs into the
mini-PCI slot that you noted. However, to make the card useful, your
computer must also have two antenna wires (probably taped up) that
would be attached to the card in addition to it being plugged in.

Where to buy one? Forget now where I ordered mine - search Google for
"toshiba mini-pci 802.11g" and see what you get. Mine was easy to
install, anyway.

Andrew
--
----> Portland, Oregon, USA <----
April 24, 2005 11:14:20 AM

I recently upgraded my Toshiba Satellite 5205 series from 211b to 211g
by installing a new intel mimi pci card that I bought on Ebay for
$20.00 shipping included. Just make sure the card is compatible with
your model and you will need the driver which you can get from the
manufacturers web site.

!