Sign in with
Your question

Horizontal stream on my 24 inch HP LP3465 Monitor

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 1, 2011 5:55:14 AM

Hi Folks,
I have a strange horizontal streak in my Hp 24 inch LP2465 monitor using the DVI cable. And for the life of me I cannot figure out what is wrong. When I first built the PC in Feb 2009. But for last few months the streak has emerged.

Here is the link to the picture of the screen: http://picasaweb.google.com/amitabh.arora/Monitor#55686...

Here are specs of the build:
Gigabyte X58-UD3R Motherboard
Intel i7 920
Gigabyte GTX460 1Gig (I had an older card Gigabyte 8400GS with the same streaking problem).
12 Gig (6 sticks) of Corsair memory

I have changed another DVI cable but to no avail. Also I replaced my Gigabyte 8400GS graphics card with Gigabyte GTX 460 1Gig.

Please help.

Cheers. -Amitabh

a c 545 U Graphics card
a b α HP
a b C Monitor
February 1, 2011 5:25:09 PM

Are those streaks always in exactly the same position on the monitor even when you use a different resolution? If it is then it must be a defect in the LCD panel.
m
l
February 1, 2011 5:48:53 PM

Streaks are at the same location regardless of the resolution. My Lenovo T61p laptop connected to the same LCD through its docking station does not show any streak :( 

Cheers. -Amitabh
m
l
Related resources
February 1, 2011 5:54:24 PM

Did you bump the monitor somehow?

You said when you use dvi what about vga connection?

It looks like the cable strip in your monitor came loose or your screen is broken.
m
l
a c 545 U Graphics card
a b α HP
a b C Monitor
February 1, 2011 5:55:28 PM

Are you sending an analog signal instead of a digital signal from the Lenovo T61p? The DB-15 port on the T61p is analog only which explains the difference in response by the monitor to the input signal.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
February 1, 2011 6:09:37 PM

You can also try updating your graphics drivers. Have you tried this monitor on another system? If it has problems on the other system its probably the monitor. I imagine it is still under warranty.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
February 1, 2011 6:31:54 PM

I'd bet money it's a monitor problem. When you get defective rows of pixels that never move, it's usually an internal problem. A bad DVI/VGA/HDMI cable wouldn't cause a set row of pixels to not work. The way data is streamed in DVI and HDMI, if you lost a data line or a clock line, it wouldn't do anything like that. If you lost a color line or a vsync / hsync line in a VGA cable, it does nothing like that either.
m
l
!