Sign in with
Your question

CM 690 interior paint job

Last response: in Components
July 8, 2011 7:18:58 AM

The case is made of galvanized steel (SECC) and i'm painting the interior cause black on the outside with unpainted steel on the inside is ugly.

Is there a specific type of paint i need to use? And can i just spray it on without sanding or prepping in some way?

More about : 690 interior paint job

July 8, 2011 8:31:32 AM

I'd recommend using a sandable primer first, then use whatever paint you like (ie Krylon enamel, or automotive paints). Remember to use 3-4 thin coats, for durability. You shouldn't need a clearcoat. Be sure to mask off where you don't want paint (ie put some cheap screws in the standoff holes).
m
l
a b ) Power supply
July 8, 2011 9:21:10 AM

Id recommend using some kind of heat resistant paint aswell. Just to avoid any possible paint flaking.
m
l
Related resources
July 8, 2011 5:41:22 PM

BBQ grill paint. Same as you use on your AK.
m
l
July 9, 2011 12:42:23 AM

Sandable primer for an easier repaint job? or to help the paint stick? I don't think i'd ever sand the inside of my case, too much work.

Will i have trouble keeping the grills unclogged? or will a rag held on one side work?

thanks for the help
m
l
a b ) Power supply
July 9, 2011 8:32:31 AM

Painting the grills should be fine just take it very slow, apply a little paint let it stick and dry off a little then spray over a second coat. You never want to be at a point where paint is "dripping"
m
l
!