VidiVici Update v2.1

Roger

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Several good suggestions were made following the release of VidiVici
2.0. Many of the suggestions have now been added in version 2.1. A
few didn't make it into this version, but that doesn't mean they won't
eventually get added.

Version 2.1 can be downloaded here:
http://webpages.charter.net/kgnorris/vidivici.htm

There is a plain zip file available as well as the full installer.

Also, a minor update is available for ScriptZ0r which fixes several
default settings for starting ships and bases.

VidiVici changes:

* Better startup error handling. Errors should produce
meaningful messages that will help diagnose problems.

* Added Races button to the tool bar. Races must be set
manually for certain features.

* Added status bar to the bottom of the main interface. The
status bar indicates the current game, turn number, and most
recently performed file action.

* All objects now have a "Notes" tab in the viewer. You can
keep notes for each object, such as what weapons are loaded
on a particular ship.

* Added some new default flags: Good Farming, Good Minerals,
Food Shortage, Food Surplus. NOTE: You MUST set the races for
your game in order for the Good Farming flag to work!

* Added options to hide planet names and the grid.
Located on the menu under View > Other Options

* Added several more buttons to the tool bar. Previous/next
turn, flags, filters, resource circles, races, colors.

Some of the files were older than what I already had (I used the zip
file).

Since the last install I did of planets was VV2.0, this made me a bit
curious.

Most were only a month or so older. vface4.dll (or something like
that), was from 2001?

Roger

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

> Most were only a month or so older. vface4.dll (or something like
> that), was from 2001?

Were there any other older files? I wouldn't worry about v4face2.dll;
it shouldn't have changed in a very long time. I may have multiple
versions of it floating around on my machine.

- Roger