Sound has a hissing noise

kamuran55

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2011
Sometimes my sound produces some kind of a hissing noise, it's on and off. For and example, say I go on Youtube the video will have perfect sound and later on the sound will have a buzz/hiss noise. It's not my speakers because it does it with my turtle beaches too.

What should I do? Is there a way to change the sound device in the Sound Mixer? I was trying to figure out stuff and I did something wrong.

I have an Asus M4A87TD Mobo.

Also, if anyone knows how to use HD Vdeck, my turtlebeaches always echo and it's not them because I use it on my 360 and they're fine.

When I was writing this, the sound was fine and then I opened up dropbox and the hissing noise came again.

soest009

Distinguished
May 9, 2011
Try to set the equalization of the high tones a little lower, when i set it all to max and in my player my onboard audio also start to hiss when much high tones are used.
For the echo, maybe try to play with that room correction.

puttsy

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
I always have problems with onboard audio. There are usually problems with it such as what you are experiencing. You may try updating your drives and, if used, disconnect the F_Audio (Front panel audio) cable from the board and see if it helps.

If this is not integrated, check for audio card drivers and update those. If you still have problems, either switch to integrated or buy an audio card. It may also be a problem within windows, I've had stray audio signals create white noise before, even randomly pop or click. If you would rather, try re installing windows before a new audio card but, that is a bit of a hassle and a longshot but, it just might work. The "Loudness" setting you have enabled sounds the most likely to cause you problems. Also, if you have a program the normalize all sound levels (Called normalization usually, or something similar to keep audio levels constant) disable that as well. You have quite the clustermuck of unnecessary"enahncers" on, and I would bet that it's one of those causing your problem. Usually those are cheap, crap put out by the Audio Chipset company to make novice users fell "professional" or like a DJ. I'd disable them or even uninstall them altogether and re-install ONLY the audio drivers. NOT the software too.