Is Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 MB good?

I am planning to build a new computer and I could get it for 200$ this week.
I am probably going to get i5 2500k for now and will be using my 7950 3gb sapphire OE.
I might get a second 7950 for crossfire once its price drops.
I might also get an ivy bridge at the end of the year depending on the price since it will already be compatible with this MB.
I am planning to use 1600mhz ram or higher depending on price with a hard drive for now and an ssd in the near future.
I will also be overclocking the gpu and cpu on stock voltage
So is this motherboard good for the next year or two?
4 answers Last reply
More about asus p8z68 gen3 good
  1. The P8Z68-V Pro/Gen3 is a good board but you don't need one that expensive. Go for as ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 - it's probably the most popular board these days.

If you want to use Bluetooth on your PC, go for the ASUS, if not, the ASRock.
  2. ralphjayson said:
    I am planning to build a new computer and I could get it for 200$ this week.
    I am probably going to get i5 2500k for now and will be using my 7950 3gb sapphire OE.
    I might get a second 7950 for crossfire once its price drops.
    I might also get an ivy bridge at the end of the year depending on the price since it will already be compatible with this MB.
    I am planning to use 1600mhz ram or higher depending on price with a hard drive for now and an ssd in the near future.
    I will also be overclocking the gpu and cpu on stock voltage
    So is this motherboard good for the next year or two?

There are a lot of Asrock fans here. Asrock is a sister company of Asus. In order to avoid biases, it's best that you do your own research to come to a conclusion.
  3. Agree with Alyus. One thing I found out about Asrock is that their product quality as for now has a huge jump from last time. Not only offering an affordable price but rich in features!
  4. both the asrock and asus boards are great.

the asrock is $80 cheaper
    ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157271
    the asus has usb3 headers and another PCI x16 slot @x4 mode (without any X1 populated).
    ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131790

compare them yourself and see. BOTH will be a great component in your rig.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Product