MoBo graphics any good now?

Soda-88

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2011
graphics card can reduce rendering time significantly if you're using encoder with gpgpu support, such as mainconcept avc/aac encoder built in sony vegas but other than that, no

just make sure you have alot of ram, 8gb recommended

i'd recommend going intel route since sandy bridge cpus have decent gpu built-in and quick sync which is amazing for rendering videos, although comes at a price

best bang for your buck would probably be i5 2500k cpu (2600k would be even better but i'm not sure hyper threading is worth almost 50% added price, unless you would use only software encoders that rely purely on cpu muscle) and asrock z68 gen3 extreme3 mobo (or well, pretty much any cheap z68 mobo, just don't get p67 because it doesn't support onboard gpu nor quick sync)

amd cpus are alot slower when it comes down to video rendering due to weaker ipc compared to sandy bridge

Much better than the first choice.

G

Just wondering, what heatsink does this come with? As i guess at that speed, it will be HOT! Does this mobo have built in graphics? I guess so since the i5 can provide that

G

Just wondering, what heatsink does this come with? As i guess at that speed, it will be HOT! Does this mobo have built in graphics? I guess so since the i5 can provide that