Cingular Port Blocking

Does anybody know where I can find information of ports blocked by Cingular
via a GPRS connection. I am not talking about through the MediaNet proxy,
but just a straight GPRS connection. I am trying to connect through a
Windows media stream using the MMS protocol running on port 7007, and cannot
do so. What is strange is port 7008 and 7009 both are reachable and stream
just fine. Any help would be most appreciated.
3 answers Last reply
More about cingular port blocking

    How are you trying to connect? Through a EDGE PC card or teathered by
    data cable to the phone?

    JPritchett wrote:
    > Does anybody know where I can find information of ports blocked by
    Cingular
    > via a GPRS connection. I am not talking about through the MediaNet
    proxy,
    > but just a straight GPRS connection. I am trying to connect through
    > Windows media stream using the MMS protocol running on port 7007, and
    cannot
    > do so. What is strange is port 7008 and 7009 both are reachable and
    stream
    > just fine. Any help would be most appreciated.

    I have having this problem too. I'm using a GC82 and the program I want to
    use over the internet can not get through the Cingular firewall and the
    program won't allow me to change the ports it uses.

    "JPritchett" <nobody@nobody.com> wrote in message
    > Does anybody know where I can find information of ports blocked by
    > Cingular via a GPRS connection. I am not talking about through the
    > MediaNet proxy, but just a straight GPRS connection. I am trying to
    > connect through a Windows media stream using the MMS protocol running on
    > port 7007, and cannot do so. What is strange is port 7008 and 7009 both
    > are reachable and stream just fine. Any help would be most appreciated.

    You need to have internet connection provisioned correctly on your
    account. Unless you have an internet data package and I don't mean the
    Media Net service you will never get connected.

Cingular Connection Internet Service Providers