  • Connection
  • Internet Service Providers
Last response: in Network Providers
May 18, 2005 3:14:07 AM

Does anybody know where I can find information of ports blocked by Cingular
via a GPRS connection. I am not talking about through the MediaNet proxy,
but just a straight GPRS connection. I am trying to connect through a
Windows media stream using the MMS protocol running on port 7007, and cannot
do so. What is strange is port 7008 and 7009 both are reachable and stream
just fine. Any help would be most appreciated.

More about : cingular port blocking

Anonymous
May 18, 2005 2:55:19 PM

How are you trying to connect? Through a EDGE PC card or teathered by
data cable to the phone?

JPritchett wrote:
> Does anybody know where I can find information of ports blocked by
Cingular
> via a GPRS connection. I am not talking about through the MediaNet
proxy,
> but just a straight GPRS connection. I am trying to connect through
> Windows media stream using the MMS protocol running on port 7007, and
cannot
> do so. What is strange is port 7008 and 7009 both are reachable and
stream
> just fine. Any help would be most appreciated.
Anonymous
May 18, 2005 3:11:58 PM

I have having this problem too. I'm using a GC82 and the program I want to
use over the internet can not get through the Cingular firewall and the
program won't allow me to change the ports it uses.

"JPritchett" <nobody@nobody.com> wrote in message
> Does anybody know where I can find information of ports blocked by
> Cingular via a GPRS connection. I am not talking about through the
> MediaNet proxy, but just a straight GPRS connection. I am trying to
> connect through a Windows media stream using the MMS protocol running on
> port 7007, and cannot do so. What is strange is port 7008 and 7009 both
> are reachable and stream just fine. Any help would be most appreciated.

Anonymous
May 19, 2005 10:45:55 PM

You need to have internet connection provisioned correctly on your
account. Unless you have an internet data package and I don't mean the
Media Net service you will never get connected.
!