Non-US Build, No Gaming

dirk101

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2010
APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: As soon as the build is definitive

BUDGET RANGE: 1000-1500 RON = 350-500 USD (1 USD = 2.94 RON) (keep in mind that the actual value of a dollar differs too)

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Watching movies at 1080p, surfing the internet, managing Office documents

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: OS, Case, HDD, Optical Drive

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: emag.ro / evomag.ro / dc-shop.ro (emag.ro has better delivery service, evomag.ro has a greater variety or components, dc-sop.ro has better local staff/troubleshooting/warranty service/prices but the least variety of components)

COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: Romania

OVERCLOCKING: No

SLI OR CROSSFIRE: No

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1920x1080

PARTS:

CPU Intel Core i3-2100
Memory Kingston ValueRAM DDR3, 2x2GB, 1333MHz
PSU Corsair CX430, 430W
Motherboard MSI P67A-C45
Graphics Card ASUS Radeon HD 5450

I'm looking to make the cheapest system I can without sacrificing the quality of the components. The system will at most be used for viewing 1080p movies on a wide-screen TV. I chose the video card with a Radeon 3740 as the standard, which performs perfectly for what I need. The components I'm least sure of are the Motherboard-CPU pair, I chose the socket with future upgradability in mind but I'm not sure how much support for SATA III and USB 3 will count in the future. Additionally, I could go with a micoATX card only that I haven't checked the case that will be used yet to see if it supports it, but you're free to change the build with one as you see fit.

ADDITIONAL NOTES:

If anyone's up for looking through the pages provided, the translation for the categories are:

Componente PC = PC Components
Procesoare= Processors/CPUs
Placi video = Graphic Cards
Placi de baza = Motherboards
Carcase = Cases
Memorii = Memory
Surse = Power Supplies
Unitati optice = Optical Disc Recorder
Periferice = Peripherals
Tastaturi = Keyboards

Images and universal component names may help, and hopefully filters are easily understandable, but if more translations are needed feel free to ask.

I'm aware that helping someone through sites in a foreign language requires more patience than normal, and I appreciate any suggestions or advice given about the build. Alternatively, you can use English sites for components suggestions and I'll see if they're available myself, it's completely fine by me.

dirk101

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2010
I've considered using the built in graphics but I was unsure what performance it has. I started a thread on these forums about it and have been told that the GMA HD 2000 built in this particular processor wouldn't perform well at 1080p.