I3-540 On-Board Graphics

Makaveli84

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2010
Hello,
First time building a PC. i3-540 + MSI MoBo both support integrated graphics. Got a GTS 450 too. Want to test out the on-board graphics first. What should i do?
GTS 450 not yet installed.. Any connections i should make, or jumpers to set on my MoBo??

Also, when i connect the GTS 450, should i disable on-board graphics? And if so, how to do it??

Thanks.

Solution
no jumpers required... just connect the monitor to the output on the backpanel of the mobo to use the integrated. And when you plug in the discrete card just connect the monitor to it instead. It _should_ auto disable the mobos output and use the discrete card instead, but if it doesn't there should be a setting in the BIOS to enable/disable the integrated graphics. So if there is no picture on the screen, just plug the monitor to the other one and go wondering in the bios.

Kari

Splendid
no jumpers required... just connect the monitor to the output on the backpanel of the mobo to use the integrated. And when you plug in the discrete card just connect the monitor to it instead. It _should_ auto disable the mobos output and use the discrete card instead, but if it doesn't there should be a setting in the BIOS to enable/disable the integrated graphics. So if there is no picture on the screen, just plug the monitor to the other one and go wondering in the bios.

Solution