kjameel1

Distinguished
May 3, 2011
Hi all. i am planning to buy a core i7 2600. I am gettting the china one much cheaper than the malaysia one. I want to know why the china is so cheap? Will l have any problem with the china one??

Please advise which one should i take... Thanks in advance.

kjameel1

Distinguished
May 3, 2011
I am getting a year warranty on it and in the box it says intel made in china. Do you think i can take it?? The china one is Rs8500 whereas the malaysian one is Rs11900.

These are the specs i am taking, do you it will be good for gaming??

Core i7 2600 3.4ghz
Asus P8h61
8gb ddr3
Xfx 6870 1gb ddr5
1 tb hitachi
600w aerocool

I am not sure if the board is a good one?? Can u plz give your advise...

Intel normally offers processors two ways the first is as a retail or boxed processor. The boxed processors will always have a 3 year warranty. The second way is as a tray or OEM processor. These processors do not come with HSF and only have a 1 year warranty.

Recently we have come out with new part # for some processors from China. For the Intel Core i7-2600K the part# would be BXC80623I72600. This processor is intended to be sold only in China if it finds its way into the United States and you are looking for warranty support on it there maybe a $20 charge to handle it outside of China.

I personally would stay away from the China processor for this reason.

Christian Wood
Intel Enthusiast Team

ghnader hsmithot

Distinguished

Emperus,
may i ask what fake cpus are we talking about?
To even fake a cpu you might need a multibillion dollar fab and some high end equipment.

Maybe i am wrong but it isnt possible in anyway to fake a cpu.

ghnader hsmithot

Distinguished

Fake cpu???
That wasnt a "fake cpu" that wasnt even a cpu.

Fake is about selling a lower end processor with a high end tag. For example a core i5 would get sold as an i7. All they require to do is copy a packaging and provide a new metal surface with the fake info on it. And it exists very much. My local hardware retail outlet owners accept it.

ghnader hsmithot

Distinguished

ok

ghnader hsmithot

Distinguished

I dont agree with you but i cant say that i am right because i have never seen a fake cpu.
Cheers.

ghnader hsmithot

Distinguished
According to Intel Enthusiast team member Christian Wood.China's fabs and cpu's are made for internal use only.They dont sell the cpu's outside the country and I would take the cpu's of USA rather than China.

I am living in China and i still think the Chinese QC is appalling(no offence to Chinese nationals).