Homebuild Stuck @ Motherboard Screen

dsM22

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2011
Hi, This is my first time posting here so i hope ive used the correct forum :)

At christmas (2010) i built my parents a new computer containing:

- Arctic Power 700W PSU
- Asus AM3 M4A88T-V EVO/USB3 5200MT/S Motherboard
- AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition 3.4GHz Socket AM3 8MB L3 Cache 125W
- Sapphire HD 5830 1GB GDDR5 DUAL DVI-I HDMI Display Port Out PCI-E Graphics Card
- WD 1.5TB 3.5" SATA-II Hard Drive - 5400rpm 32MB Cache - Caviar Green OEM
- Samsung SH-B123L/RSBP 12x BD-ROM DVD±RW DL & RAM Lightscribe SATAII Optical Drive
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium - Licence and media - 1 PC - OEM - DVD - 64-bit - English
- 2x Corsair TW3X4G1333C9A 4GB 1333MHz CL9 DDR3 Memory Kit (8GB Total)

The computer has been running smoothly (to my knowledge) until about 1 month ago when the pc would get stuck on the motherbaord screen when booted. A simple flick off/on of the power would rectify the issue however. (I only became aware of this yesterday). On the 4/3/11 the pc BSOD with a 2057 local id error. When they tried to boot the computer yesturday the computer would get stuck at the mobo screen and completely lock up, not giving access to any of the bios.

Then the computer would no longer feed a display signal to the screen.

I have tried removing the graphics card and using the onboard graphics from the motherboard to restore some form of display to no avail.

I would love to be able to upload the log frm the BSOD but as the computer wont boot this is impossible.

My thoughts are the the motherboard is causing the issue. The problem with this being that the OEM copy of windows used is now tied to the motherboard and getting a replacement motherboard would require a completely new OS.

Any thoughts would be greatly apreciated.

Thanks,
Dan

glen132

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2010
My motherboard does not have a onboard graphics card. If thats what you mean when you said "plug in to the onboard." Thanks for the reply though :)... Also if I misunderstood you feel free to call me out lol, just saying what i think.

JoeAdamsIV

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2011
glen132, are you the same person as dsM22?
In the initial question:
"I have tried removing the graphics card and using the onboard graphics from the motherboard to restore some form of display to no avail."
I am a little confused, haha.
Anyway, remove the CMOS battery for like 5 minutes, then put it back in.
And then try to boot.
Good luck.

glen132

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2010
Sorry Joe I confused this thread for another, didn't mean to confuse you, just a noobish mistake lol. Sorry