cdimmen

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2011
Help please. Spilled tea with honey on the laptop. wiped off immediately with dry soft cloth. Then turned laptop to it's side and tried to shake all remaining liquid from laptop. So far it is working properly, what else can I do to insure continued use without complications. Thanks

abc617

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2010
Don't know about your laptop, but my laptop's keys can pop out and click back in. I would put the laptop key-facing down and then after a while, pop a couple keys out (try popping out keys that you don't use too often, incase they aren't supposed to come out). Then dry with a cloth or towel. If you are bold enough, you can unscrew your laptop's casing and make sure it's dry and make sure none of the liquid touched the key components.

But as long as you left it alone in a dry place for a couple hours to air dry out, I think you'll be fine.

A tip for how I keep drinks away from the laptop is slide my laptop to the left side of the table. Since I'm right handed, I'll reach for the drink with my right hand. I also use a wireless mouse placed tot he right, which adds more distance between the laptop and the drink.

This. Take it apart and clean it with alcohol, 90% at minimum. I would even go as far as to give the keyboard a alcohol bath.