Need person to build/help build PC in NW suburbs of Chicago

brainman22

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2011
Hello,

I want to get my son a PC for 8th grade graduation if he earns it. I ordered an iBuypower system last week, but canceled today because my son is being a smart a** and not earning it.

If there is a reputable person/company locally that would build or help build a system, that would be great. I will now probably wait until sometime in May to see if he is still getting one.

I had ordered a system with i7-2600K, 8GB RAM, nice video card, case, fans, etc.

Thanks in advance

Solution

To buy a complete system or the parts to build your own. I suggested that because you were considering ordering from iBuypower (I would not recommend them to anyone).

You could take junior with you to browse as an incentive as well......

brainman22

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2011

To buy parts and build myself.....or....to see if they know of someone?

About 6 months ago we put together a tool to help people find resellers in their area. With this tool you just have to put your zip code in and it will give you a listing of resellers in your area. Each reseller puts down what areas they cover, so you aren’t going to go to a company that only deals in servers when you want a new Intel® Core™ I7 system. The site is http://inteltechpros.com/. You should be able to find someone locally that can help you.

Christain Wood
Intel Enthusiast Team

COLGeek

Cybernaut

To buy a complete system or the parts to build your own. I suggested that because you were considering ordering from iBuypower (I would not recommend them to anyone).

You could take junior with you to browse as an incentive as well......

Solution