Power button from dell case mod?

9havi9

Honorable
Mar 13, 2012
Hey everyone first question here. Tried looking elsewhere onsite couldn't find anything correct me if wrong. :)

Ok I have a dell dimension 4700 case. I want to put A biostar g41d3c mobo in it. Weird i know but putting together a dual core computer from spare parts i have lying around for my wife. The power button wires are blue and orange and they come together with a white and red (Power led) and a green and black (hdd light) they all come together on a 10 pin plug minus one that is filled. So technically nine pin plug. how can i seperate these wires and plug them into the motherboard pins? any help is much appreciated.

Thanks guys

You must have the PWR leads, the reset and HDD activity are nice to have. Visit a local computer repair shop and ask for a scrap front panel. You can use the wires in the scrap panel to splice to the Dell case wires and then use those connectors to attach to the motherboard's front panelpins.

+1 with an exception
If you can scavenge a set of cables there's no need to splice anything, just remove the switch and leds from the Dell holder and replace them