NZXT Tempest EVO Molex problems

Jeteroll

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2010
I have the tempest evo and it has ALOT of 120mm fans. So when I go to plug some of them in to molex it is very hard cuz I guess not all pins are lined straight up. SO then I have to force it in but then the pins with the wires pop out the back of the plug and then I have to individual re position and push them into the holes. ANY SUGGESTIONS? THANKS!

Solution
Molex connectors are like that. The pins are fairly loose in the shell. I find jiggling the wires about to line up the pins and sockets is the simplest way to make them fit together. You have to get them lined up before pressing them together. Forcing them will just make the unaligned pins push out, as you discovered.

compulsivebuilder

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2011
Molex connectors are like that. The pins are fairly loose in the shell. I find jiggling the wires about to line up the pins and sockets is the simplest way to make them fit together. You have to get them lined up before pressing them together. Forcing them will just make the unaligned pins push out, as you discovered.

Solution

Jeteroll

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2010

ok thanks ya I forced it after i spent like 10 min trying to line up the pins to no avail :(