Can't run x4 955 at 3.2 stock speed..HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

2ak2

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2011
alright. so my great jetway m-atx sets my clock speed to 800mhz when cpu ratio is set at auto in bios..when i manually set it to x16 for 3.2ghz stock speed, i get the BSOD on startup. I dropped it down to x14 for 2.8 speeds, but get the BSOD around 20 minutes in windows. x12 seems stable :/
I'm using windows xp pro 32-bit When I first built the system I had a failboat psu (antec 620 eco) that emitted a battery stench/turned off

videocard: his hd 4890
ram: 4gb 2x2gb ddr2 800
optical: blu-ray
hdd: 1 7200rpm 500gb
1 80gb ssd
no sound

current psu (brand new): http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817171038&Tpk=coolmaster%20550w

motherboard:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=jetway+am3&x=0&y=0

theres mention of my mobo only being able to run 65w cpus, but others are arguing that it can handle 65w+ cpus? I bought this as a combo deal with my 955 through newegg. I'm guessing its either my volt settings through the bios, the psu, or the mobo :/ here are screens of my bios, and temps

P1030610.jpg

P1030611.jpg

@ 2.8ghz during 3dmark06 cpu bench:
temps-1.jpg

stable @ 2.4 :
untitled2.jpg

Last build was in '05, so I'm pretty newb to all this stuff, I'm getting it..but man :)

2ak2

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2011
yeah I did a little research and it is certainly the mobo. sigh, why did newegg offer this as a combo with the phenom 955?? now i have to find a mobo that can support my 800 mhz ram..hopefully get my money back, wow. any suggestions for a mobo?

Lutfij

Titan
any suggestions for a mobo?
stay away from the combo deals :) or look at the motherboard specs. Marketing gimmicks ar the first thing that trumps a cutomer. Do a good amount of research before dropping the cash. From then on its a world of joy or a path of tears and anger.

Look at MSI's and Asus's range of motherboards that support your socket.

Uther39

Distinguished
Personally, i would return the board to newegg, stating it is not suitable for the job under which it was described and sold, to me this sounds like a definite infringement on your rights, and there fore they should either send you a replacement mobo capable of running that cpu or give you a refund of the money so as you can purchase another mobo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS