Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Can't run x4 955 at 3.2 stock speed..HELP!

Last response: in CPUs
July 9, 2011 2:27:57 AM

alright. so my great jetway m-atx sets my clock speed to 800mhz when cpu ratio is set at auto in bios..when i manually set it to x16 for 3.2ghz stock speed, i get the BSOD on startup. I dropped it down to x14 for 2.8 speeds, but get the BSOD around 20 minutes in windows. x12 seems stable :/ 
I'm using windows xp pro 32-bit When I first built the system I had a failboat psu (antec 620 eco) that emitted a battery stench/turned off

videocard: his hd 4890
ram: 4gb 2x2gb ddr2 800
optical: blu-ray
hdd: 1 7200rpm 500gb
1 80gb ssd
no sound

current psu (brand new): http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

motherboard:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=E...

theres mention of my mobo only being able to run 65w cpus, but others are arguing that it can handle 65w+ cpus? I bought this as a combo deal with my 955 through newegg. I'm guessing its either my volt settings through the bios, the psu, or the mobo :/  here are screens of my bios, and temps

@ 2.8ghz during 3dmark06 cpu bench:

stable @ 2.4 :

Last build was in '05, so I'm pretty newb to all this stuff, I'm getting it..but man :) 

More about : run 955 stock speed

Best solution

a c 138 à CPUs
July 9, 2011 3:04:35 AM

you cannot go higherh this mobo , have issued compability suport CPU list and TDP. you can check : http://www.jetway.com.tw/jw/motherboard_view.asp?produc...
if you want full support get higher mobo Chipset Am3 Chipset 890 or AM3+
July 9, 2011 3:36:32 AM

yeah I did a little research and it is certainly the mobo. sigh, why did newegg offer this as a combo with the phenom 955?? now i have to find a mobo that can support my 800 mhz ram..hopefully get my money back, wow. any suggestions for a mobo?
Related resources
July 9, 2011 3:45:36 AM

Best answer selected by 2ak2.
a b à CPUs
July 9, 2011 8:42:14 AM

Quote:
any suggestions for a mobo?
stay away from the combo deals :)  or look at the motherboard specs. Marketing gimmicks ar the first thing that trumps a cutomer. Do a good amount of research before dropping the cash. From then on its a world of joy or a path of tears and anger.

Look at MSI's and Asus's range of motherboards that support your socket.
a b à CPUs
July 9, 2011 10:52:40 AM

Personally, i would return the board to newegg, stating it is not suitable for the job under which it was described and sold, to me this sounds like a definite infringement on your rights, and there fore they should either send you a replacement mobo capable of running that cpu or give you a refund of the money so as you can purchase another mobo.
a c 138 à CPUs
July 9, 2011 11:29:41 AM

@lutfi +1 @uther +1 :)  , yes you are both right, maybe XD, just in time to buy it do not know about the system, And now realized that there are errors in the change hardware, hopefully can get instead a new and compatible.
a b à CPUs
July 9, 2011 11:46:51 AM

:)  we're only here to help bro. But you've stated the correct reason for the OP's question :D 
a b à CPUs
July 9, 2011 1:58:03 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
!