Gigabyte 6850 Stock and Bad Company 2 problem

hcstnfrd

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2011
Hi, I just finished my build and I'm having some problems with Battlefield Bad Company 2.
This is thus far the only game I'm having problems with. The only other games tested are Counter-Strike:Source
and GTA IV. When I enter a server everything is fine for about 30 seconds then I lag for a good 5-10 seconds.
Afterwards, it returns to normal, great FPS and I'm playing a solid game.

Should I be concerned about this? I just got this card, should I RMA or is it just Bad Company 2?

Solution

By "lag", do you mean your FPS drops to slideshow levels? Are you using the latest drivers? Check your temps to see if your card isn't overheating.

On a side note, I recently played SC2 again and the first time I start a game, the screen hangs once every...

gracefully

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2010

By "lag", do you mean your FPS drops to slideshow levels? Are you using the latest drivers? Check your temps to see if your card isn't overheating.

On a side note, I recently played SC2 again and the first time I start a game, the screen hangs once every 2 seconds for the first 10 seconds or so, then returns to normal. IDK if they're related. But I also played BFBC2 recently and there was no lag whatsoever.

Hi, please create your own thread. This one is for hcstnfrd's 6850 problem. Thanks. :)

Solution

hcstnfrd

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2011

Hey guys just to give you a long awaited update (sorry I spend most of my time on OC.net) I figured out that it was the Direct2Drive Edition that was giving me troubles. A few days afterwards and I purchased the Steam Copy and it was great! Maxed out settings and an enjoyable framerate!