Happiness and Growth

It appears that Happiness has a different threshold for granting the
150% growth bonus.

A happiness of >80 no longer grants it. I believe that happiness must
now be >100.

Good to know. How did you find out? Can anyone confirm this?

Jochen

I was just running some growth sims. I'm not 100% certain about it
being 100, but it is definately above 90 and I believe it is above 95.
It may be 99.

What are Borg doing with a happiness bonus anyway? Happiness is
irrelevant.

Maybe that's why it changed.

Why should Cyborg get it?

I didn't think to run a sim with the Cyborg. That will confirm whether
the threshold is >100 or not. It might have been moved to >99 instead,
which would result in no change for the Borg.

Sparrow

With Tim playing hide and seek it is difficult to say what is a desired
result, what is an unintentional mistake or which is a simple
oversight.

I see it this way: The Borg had the happiness bonus before and taking
it away from them would be a significant cut for them. Do not forget
that even though their growth rate of 15 is the second lowest (only Bot
have 0) and the 50% bonus only brings them to 22.5, the king factor of
8 does make the difference between a growth of 120 (without happiness
bonus) or 180 (with happiness bonus) - and this is each turn!!!

The happiness bonus is definately a 150% thing rather than a +50 thing.

I am not sure that arithmetic is right. Ask Tim, but he tneds to add (not
multiply) bonuses for growth. So "15 and a 50% bonus" probably means "add 50
to the growth rate" not "multiply the growth rate times 1.5"

That is how the exotic tech growth bonuses work.