Sign in with
Your question

Which is a better graphics card

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 2, 2011 5:25:20 AM

Hello, i have a GeForce FX 5200 and a GeForce 7100 GS - which is the better of the two?

More about : graphics card

a c 153 U Graphics card
February 2, 2011 5:35:52 AM

The 7100 is slighty... slightly better, but both are very outdated and most onboard graphics in motherboards now will be better than those.
February 2, 2011 5:44:39 AM

so in other words... get with the program!! thanks for your response! i guess i have no choice but to haul out the credit card! ;) 
Related resources
February 2, 2011 5:46:01 AM

how do you know if there is an onboard graphics card?
can you have both?

just trying to figure out if it will be better to buy a whole new motherboard with graphics built in or just the screen card... i am on a bit of a budget and have no idea what these things cost!
a c 153 U Graphics card
February 2, 2011 6:11:56 AM

Tarryn J said:
can you have both?

just trying to figure out if it will be better to buy a whole new motherboard with graphics built in or just the screen card... i am on a bit of a budget and have no idea what these things cost!

This all depends on what computer you have. Preferable the model name of the computer if it factory built, or all of the parts if it is custom built (PSU, CPU, RAM, Motherboard Name). Then we need to know what you plan to do with it. Is this just for streaming movies, or do you want to play games? If you want to play games what resolution do you play them in? What kind of games are they? Finally your budget is something we need to know as well.
February 2, 2011 2:16:42 PM

Tarryn J said:
can you have both?

Every MB has a graphic card onboard though can be as less as 16 MB on old ones. Check in BIOS and see the VRAM or video memory.

Yes, you can have both onboard and external card running at the sametime but and only but in the new MBs only that too with some limitations.

!