Comments and advice please

davidn46

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2011
I have purchased from the Dell outlet (not received yet) a refurbished Inspiron 570, AMD R905/2 x additional quad core Operton processor, 6Gb 1024 DDR3 ram,
onboard 512mb NVIDIA Geforce G310 graphics, after doing some research I noted this processor is used mainly in servers and am concerned I have made a boob,
the computor will mainly be used for photo work, photoshop, lightroom etc, any comments or advice would be greatly appreciated as I am not very computer savvy,
Thanking you in advance.
David

That's not a bad setup, depending on what price you paid. It will do everything you listed. Make a note of the motherboard model for future reference. I use cpu-z to id the board, but other programs will also do it. Those opteron ddr3 boards are rare and expensive. If it fails, you may have a hard time replacing it.

davidn46

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2011

Good Morning.
Thank you for your reply, set my mind at ease, I paid £340 (free delivery), I will do as you suggest.
I was rather baffled as this machine was in the home/home office category and researching the internet
I could find no reference to this sort of set up being used in home computing, obviously not common practice.
Thanking you again for taking the time to reply
Regards... David

TRENDING THREADS