Crossfire 5870

rhsnipes

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2010
More speciffically, what good will it do me?

What's the real reason to crossfire this...

I'll be playing this year Two Worlds 2 and TES Skyrim. Will I need crossfire for this u think? Can u think of any game I need to crossfire in order to get the most of it?

Solution
Crysis 1080p extreme setting and metro,Just cause 2 .Only games which will make proper use of that setup.All others games will run just fine at max setting.Though that cpu will bottleneck another 5870 badly.

Helltech

Distinguished
I would wait till those games are out before you decide that.

If you mod Skyrim with extremely large texture mods in 2012 era, you can expect to need more beef, but besides that I would think 5870 would be plenty, resolution depending of course.

Pc Guru_07

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2011
Crysis 1080p extreme setting and metro,Just cause 2 .Only games which will make proper use of that setup.All others games will run just fine at max setting.Though that cpu will bottleneck another 5870 badly.

Solution
Wait till those games are out. If your card is running everything you want just fine right now there isn't a reason to add another one. I added another 5870 to my rig just because I wanted Gothic 4 to be smoother, and even though it was worth it to me it's hard to tell someone to add another $300 card to smooth out one or two games when one is just fine. I also had to slightly reduce my overclock from 3.7 to 3.6 due to the added heat in my case. If you're gaming at 1080p or above then go for it if the cost is no big deal to you or if you play games where one isn't cutting it. If one card runs everything you want just fine then wait till it doesn't ^_^.

rhsnipes

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2010

U mean I would need a 6 core cpu or one with a faster bus? Thabks for the exampls too!

I'll have to wait until the need arises for sure then. Btw my resolution is 1080p. Any other anyone please lmk. This is my first build and its the most interesting stuff to me now. :whistle:

TRENDING THREADS