HD4870x2 cooler

HeroesDieYoung

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2010
What is the best air cooler out there for the HD4870x2? I was looking for the accelero xtreme 4870x2 from arctic cooling, but it doesn't seem to be for sale anywhere anymore.

The accelero xtreme plus claims to be compatible with mutliple gpu's...do you have to purchase a particular mounting plate along with it, or are multiple included? I can't tell from the docs available if it's even compatible with the HD4870x2.

If it's not, suggestions for what the best air cooler is at the moment would be greatly appreciated.

Playing games my card is getting overheated, resulting in the screen flashing black, sometimes for 10 seconds at a time. The stock cooler makes an insane amount of noise at 100% and still doesn't manage to keep it particularly cool. Thanks for your opinions.

vvhocare5

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2008
I had an accelero extreme on my 4870x2 and it did a very good job at cooling that baby down with very little noise. Unfortunately I knew the VRM's were above temp specs and sure enough they eventually died taking my 4870 out.

The kit included everything you need including backing plates, screws, thermal compound (use your own). It takes 3 slots so make sure you have room.

Personally I would just give you mine.... Its sitting on my desk

HeroesDieYoung

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2010

Do you know any place selling them still? Every place I've checked is out of stock, and google shopping couldn't come up with one either, nor could ebay. I'm losing hope.