Unlimited11

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2011
I just finished installing a second optical drive, and added new ram to the pc, and for some strange reason I can not enter the bios without the pc freezing. As soon as I hit F2 or DEL, it freezes. . .It will boot into windows just fine, and there seems to be no performance issues. I tried clearing CMOS, and I am able to access the Bios once, until I reboot.

I built the PC about a year ago:

- Corsair HX850W PSU
- ASROCk p67 extreme4 mobo
- 2 EVGA GTX570's SLI
- I5 2500k OC'd to 4.4ghz
- 2x 4gb G. skill ripjaws
- 600gb WD velociraptor

Unlimited11

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2011
No, I have tried back tracking everything I added since the problem occurred, and have had no luck at all. The computer boots up just fine into windows, just doesn't like to go into the bios. The ram I am using has the same specs as my old ram that I was using 9-9-9-24. 1600

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
I wonder if the keyboard is giving the BIOS issues at startup. Is it a USB or PS/2 keyboard?
If USB try a different port. Try the front port to be sure you're not on the same header.
If PS/2 try a USB keyboard.
Finally, try a completely different keyboard.

Unlimited11

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2011

I tried using a usb port in the front with no luck (It's a G15). It's weird because everything worked fine before, it's just entering the bios that is giving me problems now. I have both the mouse, and keyboard on usb

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

Have you tried a different keyboard? I know... the G15 worked fine until you added the new drive and RAM... But trying a different keyboard will eliminate the possibility of the keyboard being the issue.

Unlimited11

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2011

Just tried a friends keyboard, and no luck. I even tried a different mouse. .