P8Z68-V LX RAM Compatability

Hello,

I've just got my build set up with this mobo with 2 x 4 GB Crucial Ballistix 1600MHz 9-9-9-24 1.5V RAM sticks.

I'm gettin BSODS for memory issues like page faults in nonepaged areas and memory management... Through forums I've finally narrowed this down to a RAM issue not sofware/PSU

I've ran memtest86 and that's coming up as fine, however, I've now checked the P8Z68-V LX user guide and this RAM is not on the QVL list.

Is this why I'm crashing all the time? Do I need get some new approved RAM?

Also - I'm running a i5-2500K 3.30GHz (Sandybridge) Socket LGA1155 CPU - I've read somewhere that 1.65 V is too much for this CPU. Is that right? Is there a relation to the RAM voltage and CPU voltage?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Connah
5 answers Last reply
More about p8z68 compatability
  1. The new generations of Asus motherboards are verry sensitive to diferent RAM type and brands. This is not happening with other mobo brands. Corsair is almost 100% compatible with all motherboard brands.
  2. sosofm said:
    The new generations of Asus motherboards are verry sensitive to diferent RAM type and brands. This is not happening with other mobo brands. Corsair is almost 100% compatible with all motherboard brands.

This hasn't answered my questions.

I don't have corsair RAM. I have crucial.

Do I need to buy some RAM in the compatible list or can I change some settings?

Is there a relation to CPU voltage and RAM voltage?

Any help would be great.

Thanks,
  3. Connahb said:
    This hasn't answered my questions.

I don't have corsair RAM. I have crucial.

Do I need to buy some RAM in the compatible list or can I change some settings?

Is there a relation to CPU voltage and RAM voltage?

Any help would be great.

Thanks,

For your CPU, 1.5V is the recommended voltage!

If u had different manual setting for the RAM before, clear the CMOS.
  4. Reset the CMOS memory the right way as is described in the motherboard manual using the clear CMOS link with the power cord unplugged.
    How To Clear CMOS @ http://pcsupport.about.com/od/fixtheproblem/tp/clearcmos.htm
  5. I seem to have sorted this now.
    A - My crucial RAM isn't compatible with this Mobo
    B - I had the RAM in the secondary DIMM slot (Needs to be blue not black)

Fix- I've taken one stick of RAM out and placed the other in the primary BLUE DIMM slot - I've had no crashes since- Now ordered some more RAM
Ask a new question

Read More

Memory RAM Memory Management