Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Installed Bios update, no OS

Last response: in Motherboards
March 14, 2012 9:37:35 PM

Installed BIOS update file number M4A78-ASUS + 2301.ROM
On start up, screen said no operating system found.
Previous system was with RAID not showing in BIOS
Please Help

More about : installed bios update

March 14, 2012 9:52:06 PM

did you attempt to recreate the raid in the mobo's utility? the array is still there, you just have to tell the bios theryre raided and it should work just fine. bios updates dont break your raid.
Score
March 14, 2012 10:00:58 PM

guavasauce said:
did you attempt to recreate the raid in the mobo's utility? the array is still there, you just have to tell the bios theryre raided and it should work just fine. bios updates dont break your raid.

how do I get into MOBO utility?
Score
Related resources
March 14, 2012 10:14:10 PM

thanks for info on raid how do i find the mobo utility
Score

Best solution

a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
March 14, 2012 11:12:15 PM

Most systems, to get into Bios you just need to hit the Deel key right after power on.
But this is NOT tru for all, ie for my laptop I have to hit the f2 key. Should check the manual. You will need to set the Bios from the "defaults" that were probably loaded as a result of the Bios update back to what they were. For example your HDD may now be set to either IDE or AHCI and if it was previousely set to Raid, then the OS can not talk to the HDD.

The problem here seems to be that you have not been into the bios and may not know how it was orginally setup. This then becomes a "trial and error" fix.

PS this is not a mobo utility. If you find the right bios settings, you may still have to run windows repair utility from the Windows installation disk (only if in attempting to repair you messed up the HDD OS).
March 15, 2012 12:13:51 AM

RetiredChief said:
Most systems, to get into Bios you just need to hit the Deel key right after power on.
But this is NOT tru for all, ie for my laptop I have to hit the f2 key. Should check the manual. You will need to set the Bios from the "defaults" that were probably loaded as a result of the Bios update back to what they were. For example your HDD may now be set to either IDE or AHCI and if it was previousely set to Raid, then the OS can not talk to the HDD.

The problem here seems to be that you have not been into the bios and may not know how it was orginally setup. This then becomes a "trial and error" fix.

PS this is not a mobo utility. If you find the right bios settings, you may still have to run windows repair utility from the Windows installation disk (only if in attempting to repair you messed up the HDD OS).

thanks for the info, it worked, i found the raid and everything is back to normal, once again thanks for your guidance
Score
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
March 15, 2012 12:21:40 AM

GREAT, Enjoy
Score
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 328 V Motherboard
April 20, 2012 4:58:24 PM

Best answer selected by Nikorr.
Score
a b Ĉ ASUS