Installed Bios update, no OS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glynn_10

Honorable
Mar 14, 2012
Installed BIOS update file number M4A78-ASUS + 2301.ROM
On start up, screen said no operating system found.
Previous system was with RAID not showing in BIOS
Please Help

Solution
Most systems, to get into Bios you just need to hit the Deel key right after power on.
But this is NOT tru for all, ie for my laptop I have to hit the f2 key. Should check the manual. You will need to set the Bios from the "defaults" that were probably loaded as a result of the Bios update back to what they were. For example your HDD may now be set to either IDE or AHCI and if it was previousely set to Raid, then the OS can not talk to the HDD.

The problem here seems to be that you have not been into the bios and may not know how it was orginally setup. This then becomes a "trial and error" fix.

PS this is not a mobo utility. If you find the right bios settings, you may still have to run windows repair utility from the Windows...

Glynn_10

Honorable
Mar 14, 2012

how do I get into MOBO utility?

Most systems, to get into Bios you just need to hit the Deel key right after power on.
But this is NOT tru for all, ie for my laptop I have to hit the f2 key. Should check the manual. You will need to set the Bios from the "defaults" that were probably loaded as a result of the Bios update back to what they were. For example your HDD may now be set to either IDE or AHCI and if it was previousely set to Raid, then the OS can not talk to the HDD.

The problem here seems to be that you have not been into the bios and may not know how it was orginally setup. This then becomes a "trial and error" fix.

PS this is not a mobo utility. If you find the right bios settings, you may still have to run windows repair utility from the Windows installation disk (only if in attempting to repair you messed up the HDD OS).

Solution

Glynn_10

Honorable
Mar 14, 2012

thanks for the info, it worked, i found the raid and everything is back to normal, once again thanks for your guidance

Status
Not open for further replies.