Help? Can't decide, first build.

I am building my first computer and I can't really decide what mobo I would like to purchase. I am planning on doing a bit of gaming, as well as some HD video editing. I have been looking at some of the ASUS mobos that are on the market, but like I said I am having a hard time deciding. Here are is the hardware I have already decided to purchase:
CPU:Intel i5-2500k
GPU:EVGA Geforce GTX 560Ti (planning on getting another one later on to run in SLI)
RAM: 2x4GB Corsair Vengance DDR3-1600MHz
HDD:Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB
SSD:Kingston 128GB
PSU:Undecided, possibly help me out on the power supply as well?

Any and all help is appreciated :)
8 answers Last reply
More about help decide build
  1. dtfwithme said:
    I am building my first computer and I can't really decide what mobo I would like to purchase. I am planning on doing a bit of gaming, as well as some HD video editing. I have been looking at some of the ASUS mobos that are on the market, but like I said I am having a hard time deciding. Here are is the hardware I have already decided to purchase:
    CPU:Intel i5-2500k
    GPU:EVGA Geforce GTX 560Ti (planning on getting another one later on to run in SLI)
    RAM: 2x4GB Corsair Vengance DDR3-1600MHz
    HDD:Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB
    SSD:Kingston 128GB
    PSU:Undecided, possibly help me out on the power supply as well?

    Any and all help is appreciated :)

    Hi there,

    I would go with this one, ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
    LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS

    PCIE3.0,LucidLogix Virtu, BT GO!,USB3.0 Boost

    $209.99 + FREE SHIPPING

    I build 1 PC with this mobo and no problems at all. I OC'd it to 4.2+GHz with your CPU and it matches the quality of your choices. All that at the great price.
  2. And if u get an after market CPU cooler, u can OC to past 4.2GHz with ease : )
    COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus RR-B10-212P-G1 "Heatpipe Direct Contact" Long Life Sleeve 120mm CPU Cooler
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103065
  3. I recommend CORSAIR Vengeance 99% of the time, quality RAM and low profile with XMP profile. And if u will get an aftermarket CPU cooler, low profile is the worry free remedy with perfect fit with any large cooler.

    CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233196

    Vengeance Low Profile heat spreaders have a reduced height of 1.03" (26.25mm). They're designed for high-performance systems with extra-large CPU coolers, small form factor system builds, or any other space-constrained application where standard Vengeance memory might not fit.
  4. Motherboards :
    ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157271 130$ it have all what you need.
    ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131792 180$
    PSU : CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 750W http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139021
  5. Antec EarthWatts Series EA-750 Green 750W ATX12V v2.3 SLI Certified CrossFire Certified 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Continuous Power Supply

    $69.99 after mail-in rebate + FREE SHIPPING

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371051
  6. sosofm said:
    Motherboards :
    ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157271 130$ it have all what you need.
    ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131792 180$
    PSU : CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 750W http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139021



    Thanks for the help :)
  7. nikorr said:
    Antec EarthWatts Series EA-750 Green 750W ATX12V v2.3 SLI Certified CrossFire Certified 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Continuous Power Supply

    $69.99 after mail-in rebate + FREE SHIPPING

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371051
    http://images17.newegg.com/is/image/newegg/17-371-051-Z07?$S300W$



    Thanks for all the help :) Great info, sounds like a perfect mobo and I will look into the suggestions for the PSU and CPU cooler.
  8. You're welcome.

    I have the same mobo, and knock on the wood, I didn't have any problem with it.

    It runs 24/7 OC'd to 4.5GHz.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Product