Sign in with
Your question

Help? Can't decide, first build.

Last response: in Motherboards
March 15, 2012 3:49:04 AM

I am building my first computer and I can't really decide what mobo I would like to purchase. I am planning on doing a bit of gaming, as well as some HD video editing. I have been looking at some of the ASUS mobos that are on the market, but like I said I am having a hard time deciding. Here are is the hardware I have already decided to purchase:
CPU:Intel i5-2500k
GPU:EVGA Geforce GTX 560Ti (planning on getting another one later on to run in SLI)
RAM: 2x4GB Corsair Vengance DDR3-1600MHz
HDD:Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB
SSD:Kingston 128GB
PSU:Undecided, possibly help me out on the power supply as well?

Any and all help is appreciated :) 

More about : decide build

a c 328 V Motherboard
March 15, 2012 5:14:22 AM

dtfwithme said:
I am building my first computer and I can't really decide what mobo I would like to purchase. I am planning on doing a bit of gaming, as well as some HD video editing. I have been looking at some of the ASUS mobos that are on the market, but like I said I am having a hard time deciding. Here are is the hardware I have already decided to purchase:
CPU:Intel i5-2500k
GPU:EVGA Geforce GTX 560Ti (planning on getting another one later on to run in SLI)
RAM: 2x4GB Corsair Vengance DDR3-1600MHz
HDD:Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB
SSD:Kingston 128GB
PSU:Undecided, possibly help me out on the power supply as well?

Any and all help is appreciated :) 

Hi there,

I would go with this one, ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS

PCIE3.0,LucidLogix Virtu, BT GO!,USB3.0 Boost

$209.99 + FREE SHIPPING

I build 1 PC with this mobo and no problems at all. I OC'd it to 4.2+GHz with your CPU and it matches the quality of your choices. All that at the great price.
Related resources
a c 328 V Motherboard
March 15, 2012 5:15:05 AM

I recommend CORSAIR Vengeance 99% of the time, quality RAM and low profile with XMP profile. And if u will get an aftermarket CPU cooler, low profile is the worry free remedy with perfect fit with any large cooler.

CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Vengeance Low Profile heat spreaders have a reduced height of 1.03" (26.25mm). They're designed for high-performance systems with extra-large CPU coolers, small form factor system builds, or any other space-constrained application where standard Vengeance memory might not fit.
a c 328 V Motherboard
March 15, 2012 8:26:04 AM

You're welcome.

I have the same mobo, and knock on the wood, I didn't have any problem with it.

It runs 24/7 OC'd to 4.5GHz.
!