Sol: Green Binary starheat change

Last response: in Video Games
Share
September 14, 2005 3:27:21 AM

I simmed a new game with a Sol. I recognized that the star heat of the
home green binary is going up and down (!!!) within the first five
turns. I'm aware that any planet where the Sols are will become a green
binary, but is it normal that he heat also drops?

I also chunneled the home base away within the first 5 turns. The
original planet still was a green binary, but starheat dropped from 73
to 66! Chunneling the base back after T5 didn't change the heat again.

Quote from a Sol raceguide: "Solorian 500,000 or more colonists cause
the planet to heat up." Is that implemented? I had a base with 2 Mill
and the starheat stayed (at 66 ,see above).

Any input is most appreciated!
Anonymous
September 15, 2005 9:14:25 AM

I reported this at:
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.games.vgaplanets4/br...

The problem is that in the first 5 turns any planet with more than
10.000 solorians will change it's star type to 'Green Binary' and roll
it's star heat between 66 and 86 EVEN if it was already a 'Green
Binary'.
So, 'in game', if you are in a 'green binary' you will see it's star
heat changing up and down, because the host is re-changing the star
type and re-rolling it's star heat.

BTW, as Amaranthine has said, solorians colonist increase planet
climate, NOT starheat.
September 15, 2005 12:22:17 PM

Confirmed, the race guide mislead me. Thanks for the correction!
Related resources
September 15, 2005 12:26:39 PM

Yes, I had seen your posting there. I think it good that master.exe
change sthe Sol HW to a Green Binary, as that is essential for them. I
just wish that the heat changes only once, when the star is converted.
At least the heat shouldn't drop (no matter if the base left or not)!

Thanks for your input!
September 15, 2005 12:49:26 PM

So does that mean you can change all the nearby stars to Green Binary
by just moving your colonists around in the first 5 turns?
Anonymous
September 15, 2005 2:07:02 PM

Nyh's experiments confirm that. Theoretically quite useful. But you
will probably be moving the bulk of your population to a Hot Red Giant
(or possibly a Blue, but not likely to find one).
September 16, 2005 7:51:06 AM

Yes, but the heat of the starting Green Binary drops as soon as your
base has left. It is still a green binary, but a poor one. If you stay
the heat will increase towards the max a Green Binary can have. So the
choice is to either have a few Green Binarys at the lower end or one at
the high end.

I would stay and take the max, unless of course I have a Red or Blue
Giant around, which I wouldn't chunnel to within the first 5 turns.
September 18, 2005 12:25:32 PM

I noticed that my HD delta changed also. It was -6 and is now +5.

I'll probably sim that when I have some time unless someone beats me to
it.

Magik
September 18, 2005 12:42:48 PM

Oh! Never mind. It was the Crystal player landing a base on my planet
with over 10,000 colonists, which changed the delta stress to +5, which
is their special starting attribute like the Solorians have for their
star. Very funny stuff...

Magik
September 22, 2005 5:48:04 AM

Is 10k Colos the magical number?