Your question

Upgrading for Battlefield 3

Tags:
  • Battlefield
  • Components
Last response: in Components
July 10, 2011 12:02:39 AM

Hello,
I'm planning on upgrading my PC to be able to play Battlefield 3 at max settings. The resolution I play at is 1360x768 so I'm hoping I don't have to spend too much.

Specs:
Graphics card: Ati radeon hd3850 1gb
Processor: Q8200 Quad core
RAM: 4gb
Windows 7

It's an Acer aspire m3710.

Thanks in advance brothers

More about : upgrading battlefield

July 10, 2011 2:29:06 AM

I'd suggest a high end i5\low end i7 to get the most speed in raw fluidity of the game but the killer component will be a top-end dx11 video card. Your ram shouldn't be a factor for the game.

Besides the dx11 video card, if you can play crysis2\bfbc2 maxed out then all your other components will do fine.

If you really want to go the extra mile though you will be looking at selling on the machine as a whole and buying one complete at a spec that will suit the game. It works out cheaper in the end in a lot of cases and you would be surprised what you get for your exisiting machine.
July 10, 2011 2:32:54 AM

game hasnt been released yet, so we really dont know, but in general for gaming your major bottleneck is that graphcis card. get something like radeon hd 6850
Related resources
July 10, 2011 11:43:33 AM

dizzy_davidh said:
I'd suggest a high end i5\low end i7 to get the most speed in raw fluidity of the game but the killer component will be a top-end dx11 video card. Your ram shouldn't be a factor for the game.

Besides the dx11 video card, if you can play crysis2\bfbc2 maxed out then all your other components will do fine.

If you really want to go the extra mile though you will be looking at selling on the machine as a whole and buying one complete at a spec that will suit the game. It works out cheaper in the end in a lot of cases and you would be surprised what you get for your exisiting machine.

The thing is though, the resolution I play at is not 1080p so I was kinda expecting the components I need to be a bit lower :( 

Would a radeon hd6850 with a i5 2500 be good enough?

I can play Crysis 2 at the second highest graphics setting with no problem at all and I can play Bad Company 2 with most of the settings maxed out.

I guess I could sell this one but I'm not going to get more than 200$ for this and a PC that can play Battlefield 3 at max specs will easily cost 600-700$. Not really worth it for one game imo
July 10, 2011 7:24:05 PM

be patient, we don`t know how this game will run until the sys requirements are released or if they release a demo/beta.
July 10, 2011 7:26:07 PM

KingSimba said:
The thing is though, the resolution I play at is not 1080p so I was kinda expecting the components I need to be a bit lower :( 

Would a radeon hd6850 with a i5 2500 be good enough?

I can play Crysis 2 at the second highest graphics setting with no problem at all and I can play Bad Company 2 with most of the settings maxed out.

I guess I could sell this one but I'm not going to get more than 200$ for this and a PC that can play Battlefield 3 at max specs will easily cost 600-700$. Not really worth it for one game imo

So you can really max out BF BC 2??
July 10, 2011 7:46:19 PM

WAIT... upgrade before the games comes out the hardware will be cheaper and there might be some reviews that give you a clue.
July 11, 2011 1:31:42 PM

ghnader hsmithot said:
So you can really max out BF BC 2??

yeah basically. Remember I play at 1360x768 resolution though. Got everything at high except for AA and something else(forgot the name) which I got at 2x.

I also overclocked my graphics card a bit, made a slight difference in fps.
!