Dell Inspiron 7000 Bios

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
Share
April 25, 2005 12:30:26 PM

Help guy's,

I was updating bios for dell insprion 7000 laptop. During this update,
somehow the program got stuck in loop. After 5 min. i had no choice to
unplug it. Since than i can not have anything on screen. Looks like bios is
flushed. My question is; Is there way to bring default bios setting in
laptops. I know that we can do that in desktop but not quite sure with
laptop.

So far I have open the laptop could not find cmos battery. Take out every
part than put it together after 30 min. still same. Any suggestion will be
appreciate.

thanks
sam
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
April 25, 2005 6:18:07 PM

"sam" <NOSPAM@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:D 4irdj$kcc$1@home.itg.ti.com...
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 08:30:26 -0500

Help guy's,

I was updating bios for dell insprion 7000 laptop. During this
update, somehow the program got stuck in loop. After 5 min. i
had no choice to unplug it. Since than i can not have anything
on screen. Looks like bios is flushed. My question is; Is there
way to bring default bios setting in laptops. I know that we
can do that in desktop but not quite sure with laptop.

Hi Sam... Bringing a default BIOS setting back, won't do so on a
desktop either, if the BIOS is corrupted. As restoring the defaults
only applies to the changeable settings in the BIOS. Not the non-
changeable hard code itself. Although flash updating is the only way
to change that.

Another piece of advice. Now I don't know what you saw that make you
believe it was stuck in a loop. Maybe or was, or maybe it wasn't.
But 5 minutes or longer isn't all of that unusual. And anytime you
stop the flash update, you will always end up with a worthless BIOS!
And 99% of the time, you won't have the option to re-flash it.

So far I have open the laptop could not find cmos battery. Take
out every part than put it together after 30 min. still same.
Any suggestion will be appreciate.

Well I can't help you there much. As I never heard of a laptop yet
that doesn't have a CMOS battery. But even finding one, it isn't
going to help you anyway. As the BIOS chip has to be removed and
reprogrammed externally (which is a big job, unless you are good at
soldering tiny things). Or the motherboard needs to be replaced.
That's the only two options you have now. Sorry I don't have better
news for you. <sigh>

Cheers!

Bill (using a Toshiba 2595XDVD under Windows 2000)
-- written and edited within WordStar 5.0
!