Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Emergency Problem Someone help!

Last response: in Motherboards
March 15, 2012 12:17:18 PM

Hello guys, few days ago my pc suddenly shut down while i playing game. after that the computer very hardly to start up. I pull out the atx power pin. there is a pin been burned and rip through. so i tried a new psu. now the computer starts normal. But it still will shut down if i play over 30mins game. the cpu and gpu temperature are very low im using liquid cooling. cpu less than 50C GPU less than 60C. then I touched the back of the gpu and the motherboard heatsink. they are extreme high when i opened the game. anyone know why? thanks guys.

my pc: i7 980x gtx580 3gb sli motherboard: asus p6x58d-e cpu cooler: corsair h100. windows7 gpu driver 275.73

More about : emergency problem

Best solution

a c 716 V Motherboard
March 15, 2012 12:44:11 PM

Q - What exact PSU?

If there was a burnt connector to the, as I understand it, on the MOBO -- or whatever then more than likely you have other damaged components.

If you didn't state the above (burn) then what I would recommend is running either AIDA64 or Prime95 for a couple of hours. If it passes then I'd be looking at you GPU as the culprit.

However, I still need more info on your exact PSU...it could be undersized, lack proper power (watts with low amps), etc.
a b V Motherboard
March 15, 2012 12:48:42 PM

Do you have all the proper pwr to the MOBO? The 24 pin plug has been augmented with a 4,6 or 8 pin suplimental pwr to the MOBO on most new boards not to metion the power to the video card. Overheating can be caused by under supplying of power.
Score
Related resources
March 15, 2012 1:20:29 PM

jaquith said:
Q - What exact PSU?

If there was a burnt connector to the, as I understand it, on the MOBO -- or whatever then more than likely you have other damaged components.

If you didn't state the above (burn) then what I would recommend is running either AIDA64 or Prime95 for a couple of hours. If it passes then I'd be looking at you GPU as the culprit.

However, I still need more info on your exact PSU...it could be undersized, lack proper power (watts with low amps), etc.

THE burnt psu is corsair tx 950w the new one is ocz zx 1250w 80+ gold
Score
a c 716 V Motherboard
March 15, 2012 1:52:02 PM

Though I'm not a fanboy of OCZ it's more than adequate for up to 2 GTX 580's; OCZ's are notorious for coil whine.

For now, run as I mentioned AIDA64 or Prime95, also have running Real Temp (CPU) and HWMonitor (MOBO and GPU(s)). I'm trying to separate the GPU out of the equation with stressing. If the Temps are getting high then I'd evaluate air flow, I prefer negative pressure in the case and front to rear/top out.

Q - What case?
Q - Are you OC'ing either the CPU and/or GPU(s)?

Further, look at the Event Manager to see exactly what [+] Critical errors are listed. Anything more the 41/63's are very helpful; see -> http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af254/Jaquith/Event...
Score
March 25, 2012 8:02:59 AM

Best answer selected by kadycom.
Score
a c 328 V Motherboard
March 25, 2012 10:25:27 AM

This topic has been closed by Nikorr
Score
!