Quantity Slider on additional Structures

What's the opinion of adding a slider to the Training Center, Mine and
City/Undercity?

Being able to turn off only some of these structures (rather than all
or nothing) would be quite useful.

Magik

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2004

Very useful indeed.

I've proposed a wish list item to Tim for the Training Center slider.
I've also asked for a set of 3 buttons on the Mineral Mines switches
screen to allow a focus on a particular type of metal. You would still
get some of the type that wasn't selected, but not as much as the
others.

I'm not sure why you would want a cities slider, except to save food.

Magik

Yep excellant ideas! If we wish hard enough we may get this decade.

Also add a slider for Rebel cantina, when you did too much like me
4000, and have crime above 1000, it would be useful.

Lord Lancelot

>I'm not sure why you would want a cities slider, except to save food.

Exactly. City consumption is extremely high on high population worlds.
Being able to cut back occasionally and still maintain some income
would be quite useful.

Magik

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2004

I've forgotten about that. Good ideas there. You can push 1 through 9
for adjusting the speed in 9 different increments, but that's not
always what you need when you are trying to conserve fuel. On the fuel
note, maybe a button or keystroke that would allow you to switch
between the next fuel drop on the speed/fuel consumption chart.

Magik

[...]

I type, I don't "mouse". I would like not more sliders (more sliders are
fine) but more places you can enter a number.

I would particularly like to be able to type a speed for a ship, rather than
have a slider be the only option. For some tricky mid-flight rendezvous
setting a 380 LY ship to go exactly 218 LY can be touchy.

"Amaranthine" <amaranthine1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> What's the opinion of adding a slider to the Training Center, Mine and
> City/Undercity?
>
> Being able to turn off only some of these structures (rather than all
> or nothing) would be quite useful.

You already do that when turning the cities off.

This would just allow you to turn only some of them off.

Not to mention that massive population displacement is common place
when hundreds of thousands of people are routinely shipped off to Farm
Colonies.

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I like the ideas of sliders for the other mentioned items, but not for
cities. It makes no sense to have a slider. That pop would haveto be
displaced if it was kicked out of the cities, it's not something that
logistically makes sense and if it were implemented (I hope it isn't) it
should make your citizens very unhappy to kick them out of their cities.

Eric

> >I'm not sure why you would want a cities slider, except to save food.
>
> Exactly. City consumption is extremely high on high population worlds.
> Being able to cut back occasionally and still maintain some income
> would be quite useful.

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Blah.. you're right!

> You already do that when turning the cities off.
>
> This would just allow you to turn only some of them off.
>
> Not to mention that massive population displacement is common place
> when hundreds of thousands of people are routinely shipped off to Farm
> Colonies.

I would love to see a shortcut to have set a ship to speed 12 and speed 6.

Greetings
Sebastian

Beezle schrieb:

> I would particularly like to be able to type a speed for a ship, rather than
> have a slider be the only option. For some tricky mid-flight rendezvous
> setting a 380 LY ship to go exactly 218 LY can be touchy.

Well, I confirm that...
and sometimes one just don't want to move faster then 113 when one have
113 to go (saving fuel and minimizing sensor image).

GFM GToeroe