G

Hello,
i want to buy a laptop for graphic works, and games...so which wil be gud amd 1100t or intel i3, or i5

harna

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2008
To my knowledge you can't get an 1100T in a lappy. For intensive graphics I'd suggest an i5. I have seen two variations in the market place. One with 4 true cores and a second having 2 true Cores with Hyper Threading of which the 4 core machine would be best. But it's hard to tell which is which on the surface so you will need to know exactly what you're looking for and insist that is what you get.

But more-so, make sure you have either AMD/Nvidia GPU or you'll be stuffed as CPU alone is not adequate for this sort of graphic work. High powered components in lappys have ramifications for limited battery life, but in my nieces case, she combined Core 2 with Nvidia 8600 which resulted in blowing the GPU twice and was replaced under warranty by Acer. The third time they dropped the GPU down to a lower power rated 8400, but it slowed the machine down enormously.

Consequently we moved her over to an AMD(PhenomII dual core)/ATi 4650 solution, just as fast and the component failure was eliviated. Designed to work together as it's all from the same company. But she is an extreme user at a professional level and was twenty-four-seven at video production and rendering at times and most users do not approach this level of intensity.

We lost monitor quality though, but chose to go with a high quality external monitor, 32" one and that leaves any lappy monitor for dead. And that's really another very critical component for this type of work.

But having said all that, not much passes the Thurban 6 cores in multi-threaded applications, they are stunning performers, but desktop only at this stage. Add some Eyefinity hardware(3 good monitors) on 6850 X-Fire and you'd have a graphic platform to die for.

Best of luck with your choice.

legendkiller

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2011

I Always wonder why the AMD 1100t not available in laptop because Intel 990x is already in laptop and it overclocked to 4.5GHz, i forgot were but it's like 5 grand or so...