First new comp in a while

gamingcomp

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2011
Thank you very much to anybody who reads this post and responds, I really appreciate it.

Approximate Purchase Date: In the next day or two

Budget Range: $1250ish

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming with a little bit of school

Parts Not Required: Keyboard, Mouse, Headset (speakers), Monitor, Case

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg, Tigetdirect

Country of Origin: USA!

Parts Preferences: i7 2600k, not 100% on motherboard but I've been looking at the Asus P8P67 Deluxe and a GeForce GTX 560 Ti but I'm not sure which manufacturer makes the best card.

Overclocking: Yes

SLI or Crossfire: Yes

Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080, I already have one Samsung PX2370

Additional Comments: One of my questions is whether of not I need a sound card and if it even makes a difference anymore. I'll use my Logitech G35 headset 99% of the time, though I was thinking about getting some speakers at some point. I have no idea what good gaming RAM is like and I want to know what good cooling is for the RAM and CPU because I do plan on OCing.

For what you do you don't need hyperthreading so save $100 and put it elsewhere.

4GB of ram would be sufficent as well, you could save $35-50 there.

I'm also sure that Xigmatek comes with thermal paste, so you don't need to buy it extra.

Personally I would recommend a 1tb Samsung or Western Digital Black over a Seagate, it's all YOUR personal choice though.

Exactly right and exactly why Frostytech is a complete joke. They use the same thermal paste for every cooler they test, instead of the paste that comes with the cooler. Which negates any advantage a company might have. I prefer TX3 but if you buy a good cooler, it usually comes with decent, tested stuff on it. They are not going to put a paste on their product that sucks.

If Frostytech had MY companies cooler on their site, I would sue them for misrepresentation.