ryanz2009

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2011
I was choosing a P67 mobo for i5 2500K, and after reading some threads I found Asus, Gigabyte and Asrock all have the reboot issue. Google XXX Brand P67 reboot issue you will find many, also customers' feedbacks on website cover this problem too. And I searched some H67 model, reboot issue remains. Different opinions on BIOS version, RAM compatibility, etc...

Do they still occur on current available products now with new version BIOS update?

Solution

ghnader hsmithot

Distinguished
I havent heard of Reboot issues.If it was really serious.Intel would have issued a huge recall.Anyway some of my friends have Asrock mobos and they havent had a problem with it.I also have one.But currently residing back where i live(Working in China for the moment. so i cant give you feeback).

ryanz2009

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2011
Well, if you google it, there're a huge number of posts on the loop reboot problem for earlier mobos such as P8P67 regular/pro and Gigabyte P67 UD3/UD4. Maybe the BIOS update has fixed it.

I plan to OC my 2500K, go single graphic card with single 1920*1080 monitor. I don't do video processing or transcoding and no intention for future SLI/CFX. I guess Asus P8P67 or Gigabyte P67 UD3 or Asrock P67 extreme 4 is enough for me. Wish there weren't be issues for me.

Also Realtek's NIC is not very good with some compatibility issue, right?

ryanz2009

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2011

ghnader hsmithot

Distinguished

ghnader hsmithot

Distinguished

However the products that you have mentioned are not even about the problem you stated.

Solution