8600GT 512mb crashes on boot

derek704

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2011
I have a 8600GT and lately while playing various FPS games, the computer would crash with the error "Caused by the following file nv4_disp.dll ." Well I cleaned the dust out of the computer w/ compressed air and made sure I had the latest drivers. Same thing. Next I thought that by uninstalling the nvidia drivers and reinstalling them that it might fix the issue. I went to the control panel and clicked to uninstall the nvidia drivers, and it told me to restart to complete the uninstall. Well it restarted and now keeps crashing every time it gets past the windows loading screen. Error 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0x8059BFD5, 0xF78EA59C, 0xF78EA298). How do I get the computer to boot normally, completely remove the old drivers, and install the new ones? I've tried all the modes in advanced startup, but when safe mode gets me to the login screen, the mouse icon won't move.

derek704

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2011
UPDATE: I'm running XP SP3 and do not have the original disk, as it came pre installed. I took out the video card and plugged my monitor into the onboard slot. The computer loads up like normal, but I cannot move my mouse or use the keyboard at all. However, I can use my keyboard when in advanced startup. Also, after a minute or two on my desktop the computer crashes again saying PFN_LIST_CORRUPT. How do I get my mouse to move? I tried plugging an optical mouse in, but still nothing.

TRENDING THREADS